Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/06/2008 1:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi. I came across this thread through a Google search on Gudni. I've been involved in RMMS for about a year now, and was prompted to look up information about Gudni after some red flags started popping up for me. The crazy thing is I didn't think to look at my Adept manual for clues. I always kind of knew the lineage didn't make sense, but I didn't notice some of the more obvious discrepancies with it.

So, is RMMS a cult? I wouldn't quite call it that. It's based around classes and initiations that focus on the teachings, not on Gudni. You guys have made an excellent case for why Gudni is not who he claims to be. When training Ritual Masters, he tells them that he's going to lie to them and push their buttons to test their discernment.

So is he a fraud? When it comes to claims about his past and about the lineage, almost certainly. However, I've found the teachings of RMMS to be very valuable to me. I've grown a great deal since entering the mystery school, and cannot deny the power of the teachings and the tools for self-empowerment. They have affected me greatly. I realize a lot of you don't believe in all this metaphysical stuff, and that's ok. I do, because I've experienced it, and it has changed my life. I have no particular desire to take on James Randi over such personal matters.

My biggest beef with Gudni is over the lineage. The other lies about his past could easily be there just to test our discernment, but he always takes recourse to the lineage in justifying why RMMS offers the "authentic" teachings and others don't. He has been particularly keen on using this argument against the mystery school his ex-wife Laurie founded after their divorce: The Triolite Foundation. In fact, it was this blog post of his that really set off some red flags for me. So if you want to find someone who's got the real dirt on Gudni, I'd suggest going to his ex-wife.
    Last edited by silversoul; 4/06/2008 1:25pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/06/2008 1:27pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by silversoul
    Hi. I came across this thread through a Google search on Gudni. I've been involved in RMMS for about a year now, and was prompted to look up information about Gudni after some red flags started popping up for me. The crazy thing is I didn't think to look at my Adept manual for clues. I always kind of knew the lineage didn't make sense, but I didn't notice some of the more obvious discrepancies with it.

So, is RMMS a cult? I wouldn't quite call it that. It's based around classes and initiations that focus on the teachings, not on Gudni. You guys have made an excellent case for why Gudni is not who he claims to be. When training Ritual Masters, he tells them that he's going to lie to them and push their buttons to test their discernment.

So is he a fraud? When it comes to claims about his past and about the lineage, almost certainly. However, I've found the teachings of RMMS to be very valuable to me. I've grown a great deal since entering the mystery school, and cannot deny the power of the teachings and the tools for self-empowerment. They have affected me greatly. I realize a lot of you don't believe in all this metaphysical stuff, and that's ok. I do, because I've experienced it, and it has changed my life. I have no particular desire to take on James Randi over such personal matters.

My biggest beef with Gudni is over the lineage. The other lies about his past could easily be there just to test our discernment, but he always takes recourse to the lineage in justifying why RMMS offers the "authentic" teachings and others don't. He has been particularly keen on using this argument against the mystery school his ex-wife Laurie founded after their divorce: The Triolite Foundation. In fact, it was this blog post of his that really set off some red flags for me. So if you want to find someone who's got the real dirt on Gudni, I'd suggest going to his ex-wife.
    You know if his lineage is fake and he lies about his past that means his teachings are fraudulent.

Doesn't matter if they are good or not.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/06/2008 1:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    You know if his lineage is fake and he lies about his past that means his teachings are fraudulent.

Doesn't matter if they are good or not.
    Not really. The teachings for the most part aren't about what happened the past. They are about techniques you can use in your own life for self-empowerment. Then there's the healing modalities, magick, and energy work, none of which I'm here to convince you of. All I know is he had to learn it from somewhere, because he is good at all this stuff, and so are the people he's trained. I support this investigation, and hope you guys can get to the bottom of it. I'll be glad to be of assistance.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/06/2008 1:42pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not really. The teachings for the most part aren't about what happened the past. They are about techniques you can use in your own life for self-empowerment. Then there's the healing modalities, magick, and energy work, none of which I'm here to convince you of. All I know is he had to learn it from somewhere, because he is good at all this stuff, and so are the people he's trained. I support this investigation, and hope you guys can get to the bottom of it. I'll be glad to be of assistance.
    If he took them from someone else and he didn't create them himself (lineage fraud and lies about his past) yes it really is fraudulent.

You can spin it how you want but, that is what charlatans do, mix, take, steal and create their own thing.

Then they run around and bilk people out of money. All we are going to do now is argue in a circle.

I'm out.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/06/2008 1:55pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have a strange definition of fraud. The veracity of an idea is not dependent upon its source.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/06/2008 2:08pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have a strange definition of fraud.
    No I really don't.

The veracity of an idea is not dependent upon its source.
    Yet, the veracity of his actions are dependent on his claims. If he lies about his lineage and past then teaches you other peoples ideas that makes him a fraud.

If I take your idea and claim it as my own I'm a fraud. If I lie about where it came from and who created it I am a fraud.

You are conflating one issue with another.

If his scheme works, it doesn't negate the fact what he is doing or claiming may be fraudulent.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/06/2008 2:10pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/06/2008 2:22pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He doesn't claim the teachings are his own. And I'm not denying at all that he's a fraud. But that doesn't make the teachings fraudulent. If the teachings work, then they are useful, and thus true in the pragmatic sense. His own fraudulent claims about his past have no bearing on this.

If I say I'm from Mars, and then say that 2+2=4, does that make the latter claim fraudulent?
    Last edited by silversoul; 4/06/2008 2:24pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/06/2008 2:25pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See circles. Have fun with his psuedo legit, with no ties to the past, unknown lineage, teachings.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/06/2008 2:28pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice cop-out. Cya.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/06/2008 2:28pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

If I say I'm from Mars, and then say that 2+2=4, does that make the latter claim fraudulent?
    Still conflating different issues. If you are using the 2+2=4 to prove you are a Martian yes, it is fraud.

Adding a tiny bit of truth is what Frauds do.
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 ... LastLast