230519 Bullies, 3894 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 27
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. nyckid is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    26

    Posted On:
    11/07/2006 5:40pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TIGER STYLE

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    TUBBY THE TUA

    Last Friday (Nov. 3), the night before the NYC Marathon, Gotham Boxing presented a heavyweight battle pitting two behemoths who exemplify the effects of trans-fatty acids. David Tua and last-minute substitute Maurice Wheeler headlined an “interesting” evening of action.

    http://fightbeat.com/article_detail.php?AT=215
  2. PizDoff is offline

    .

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    18,602

    Posted On:
    11/07/2006 5:54pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That actually was an amusing article, once I got past the pictures.
  3. alex is offline
    alex's Avatar

    STOP POSTING!

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    8,207

    Posted On:
    11/07/2006 6:11pm

    supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    people give david tua a lot of ****, and its easy to do from the sidelines. Tua hasn't had it easy- his manager, who Tua considered one of his best friends, stabbed him in the back and left him high and dry. after he lost his fight with Lewis, which there was no shame in because lewis has been dealing to Tuas "style" of fighting his whole career and had far more experience, pretty much everyone turned their back on him. I know the guy trains hard, ive watched him train and he goes 100% all day long. but he is samoan and he aint getting any younger. you can say all you like about people blaming their genetics but i know a fuckload of islanders who train like the energiser bunny but still pack on the pounds.

    fuckwits like the guy who wrote that article are an example of whats wrong with boxing. We had a bit of a Q&A the other day with Shane Cameron (top ranked NZ HW boxer, ranked in the top 20 in the world) and he said that one of the hardest things he has to deal with is tall poppy syndrome from pathetic journalists and wannabes who never had the talent or heart to make it, so become armchair critics instead.
  4. nyckid is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    26

    Posted On:
    11/07/2006 6:45pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TIGER STYLE

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    people give david tua a lot of ****, and its easy to do from the sidelines. Tua hasn't had it easy- his manager, who Tua considered one of his best friends, stabbed him in the back and left him high and dry. after he lost his fight with Lewis, which there was no shame in because lewis has been dealing to Tuas "style" of fighting his whole career and had far more experience, pretty much everyone turned their back on him. I know the guy trains hard, ive watched him train and he goes 100% all day long. but he is samoan and he aint getting any younger. you can say all you like about people blaming their genetics but i know a fuckload of islanders who train like the energiser bunny but still pack on the pounds.

    fuckwits like the guy who wrote that article are an example of whats wrong with boxing. We had a bit of a Q&A the other day with Shane Cameron (top ranked NZ HW boxer, ranked in the top 20 in the world) and he said that one of the hardest things he has to deal with is tall poppy syndrome from pathetic journalists and wannabes who never had the talent or heart to make it, so become armchair critics instead.
    I'll go to new zealand and kick your ass to show you if you've made it punk. What's wrong with boxing is a guy who doesn't throw a single punch in one round. He's no Willie Pep.

    Samoans in general are darn fat, but Tua is an athelete What reason can you give that he was a whopping 250lbs other than he doesn't have the right people around him to condition him properly. But he has to be blamed. Something is wrong with him.
  5. alex is offline
    alex's Avatar

    STOP POSTING!

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    8,207

    Posted On:
    11/07/2006 7:41pm

    supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nyckid
    I'll go to new zealand and kick your ass to show you if you've made it punk.
    uuuh... what?

    What's wrong with boxing is a guy who doesn't throw a single punch in one round. He's no Willie Pep.

    Samoans in general are darn fat, but Tua is an athelete What reason can you give that he was a whopping 250lbs other than he doesn't have the right people around him to condition him properly. But he has to be blamed. Something is wrong with him.
    yeah something is wrong with him, he isnt the athlete he used to be. people get old, people get tired of the sport, people dont know when to quit. i just find it laughable when journalists give fighters **** when they wouldnt last a minute with the guy.
  6. pauli is offline

    i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    herndon, va, usa
    Posts
    3,521

    Posted On:
    11/07/2006 9:05pm

    supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    uuuh... what?
    i do believe you're arguing with the author.
  7. alex is offline
    alex's Avatar

    STOP POSTING!

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    8,207

    Posted On:
    11/07/2006 9:29pm

    supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh. well if that nyckid IS the pasty fat guy who was the author of the article then that makes it even more pathetic.
  8. OZZ is offline
    OZZ's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London,Ontario Canada
    Posts
    3,236

    Posted On:
    11/07/2006 10:31pm

    supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Threatening a guy who is all the way on the other side of the world will not get you much respect on this forum. I see Alex is being a bit defensive of Tua due to the fact that he is fellow NZ'er, but he has a valid point.
    Media people find it very easy to criticize athletes and can be downright ignorant sometimes. Personally, I think it is BS for a journalist to be overly critical if they have never been in the ring, on the ice or whatever the case may be. There is a line that can be drawn here. That is why the opinions of former boxers commentating always bear more weight than some chump with a journalism degree who has never even sparred a round in his life.
    Tua has not lived up to his initial hype and I think he could have done better against Lewis if he had the same mentality that Joe Frazier had against Ali ( willing to pay the price to get inside and connect due to reach disadvantage). But it is easy for me to say this..I am not the one who would have had to eat those shots from Lewis, now am I?
    If anything, I think Alex's bit of inside info on Tua helps bring to light some of the reasons he may have faded these past few years. I didn't know about the management issues. That is a shame.
    Last edited by OZZ; 11/07/2006 10:34pm at .
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra
  9. nyckid is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    26

    Posted On:
    11/07/2006 11:21pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TIGER STYLE

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it's complete rubbish to say that because you haven't been in the ring you shouldn't be critical. So if Tua critizes my article should I say, "you didn't go to school for 4 years and spend the endless night's studying. You have not right to say anything". No, that wouldn't be correct either. The fact that I wouldn't last 2 seconds with Tua doesn't validate your point. I'm not a professional fighter, so I won't last 2 seconds. That's expected. But if you are getting paid to fight then fight. But to come out of shape and not throw more then 5 punches in 4 rounds is completely digusting to me. If he doesn't want to fight anymore he should hang them up, not go around charging people to watch this sham. To protect this guy is terrible. He needs to fight like he wants to win.
  10. nyckid is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    26

    Posted On:
    11/07/2006 11:22pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TIGER STYLE

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    oh. well if that nyckid IS the pasty fat guy who was the author of the article then that makes it even more pathetic.
    yeah, I'm the pasty fat guy. Thanks
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.