Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    10/23/2006 6:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    And I am curious - why should Marc have to back up what he says? And how should he back it up? Pistols at 10 paces? Perhaps a thumbwrestling match instead? The fact is that many falsely believe that an MMA match is the pinnacle of manhood, and that an MMA fighter is above reproach. This is false. Marc is supposed to step up everytime he is called on his LOUD opinion? Oh brother. I can only imagine the lawsuits.
    It's not so much that people who haven't proven their MAN POWERS don't get to talk, its more that as a guy so closely involved in training fighters, he might have a better understanding, and hence be a better coach, if he took an MMA match or two. If, as I don't doubt, he has a deep intellectual understanding of the sport and wants to enhance his knowledge, why on earth wouldn't he? Maybe there's someting involved in a fight that you can't get from careful video analysis, something he might learn.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    10/23/2006 9:24am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have teh Renzo lineage and I don't like Royce...

I'm pretty sure you are allowed to pick and choose your Gracies.

More specific to the show: Matt Serra won because he knew his opponent and faught his own fight. Shonie is a notorious counterpuncher. I've seen him have problems at all levels of competition when his opponent won't come after him. I've also seen him KTFO of guys that come in on him. Serra obviously learned this and executed his fight plan well.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    10/23/2006 9:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, this thread should be less about the drama and more about that awesome overhand right bodyshot -> outside single that Serra started the fight with.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    10/23/2006 2:10pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn
    It's not so much that people who haven't proven their MAN POWERS don't get to talk, its more that as a guy so closely involved in training fighters, he might have a better understanding, and hence be a better coach, if he took an MMA match or two. If, as I don't doubt, he has a deep intellectual understanding of the sport and wants to enhance his knowledge, why on earth wouldn't he? Maybe there's someting involved in a fight that you can't get from careful video analysis, something he might learn.
    I agree with you on this one. Matt wasnt being an asshat..well not entirely, but if you are gonna coach something shouldnt you have at least done it once or twice?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 8:15pm

Style: Boxing and Moo Duk Kwan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that there is more tension between Matt and Marc than just Marc not being a fighter. Marc looks snooby and shitty acting and Matt is a something to say about nothing person. I'd say there personalities don't mix. They both are annoying and must see that in eachother too.

People who don't listen to other people, like Matt Sera supposibly, because Marc isn't a fighter, is the same type of ignorance in our politics and fighters should have more common sense than that if they are going to fight full contact.

"the onlything promised in life is death, everything else is achievement"
    Last edited by blue-dragon; 10/24/2006 8:27pm at .
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456