Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2006 1:10pm

Style: Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Draven
    Drama, drama, drama...you guys are like a group of 13 year old girls watching "The Real World" OMG he yelled at him and the guys were like making fun of Shonie and he was like whatever!!!1 This is what I hate about TUF, MMA should be about fighting not **** like that.
    meh. MMA had its fair share of drama even before TUF. God, just look at the Tito/Shamrock mess or Tito/Liddell. Before TUF, we had conversations on internet forums or incidents in nightclubs. All of that would be hyped up before a fight.

It sells tickets.

('._.)

Posted On:
    10/21/2006 1:35pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dont even get me started on the whole Tito/Shamrock ****..

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    10/21/2006 1:53pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everybody already has a predetermined opinion on Laimon. If you have trained with him you like him. If you have seen him on reality TV you don't like him. I can't convince anyone otherwise.

There is some background in this episode that NOBODY seems to know or care about. Matt Hughes and Laimon are friends. Hughes goaded this entire thing into happening.

Why?

Because he had already seen Laimon tap Serra out THREE times when they were going at it full blast. Basically schooled him in training. And Hughes knew this. That is why he wanted them to roll. And that is why Serra immediately jumped into the MMA aspect. Because he knows that Marc is not an MMA fighter. And he knows that Marc owns him on the mat.

Keep in mind this is highly edited reality television. They have to fill the other half hour of the show that isn't fighting with drama. And this is what you guys are looking for.

Now I know that everyone hates on Marc. Personally I don't give a **** what you think. And that is why I like Marc. Because he doesn't give a **** what you think either. And he will tell anyone at any time his opinion. That doesn't set well.

Just some backstory here. Marc trashed on Royce in front of Serra because Serra is a Royce disciple. And if you don't know the history between Royce/Rorion and Laimon you really shouldn't comment on this. Furthermore - to dispell ANY confusion Marc does not HATE ALL GRACIES. He doesn't. He has the utmost respect for many of them. I spoke to him recently about this and a few names popped out like Renzo, Royler, and Roger. He thinks all of those guys are just studs.

So Serra went off on Marc because Marc has never fought MMA and critisizes MMA fighters. If this is the whole reason you hate Marc also you might want to think back on a few times where YOU talked **** about fighters.

I also roll my eyes at the idea that the only way you can 'dis' fighters is if you are one yourself, and the concept that MMA fighting is where you can 'drop your nuts' or whatever. Get real. This is a sport. This is not the end-all-be-all of manhood. There aren't two groups on the planet: Those who have fought MMA and those who have not. It isn't broken down like that.

To sum this up let me give you some more perspective. I can say, without having played a day of football in my life, that Terrell Owens is a piece of ****. A worthless prima donna that I mock at every opportunity. Do I have the right to say this as an American? As a football fan? Or do I need to have played professional football to state my opinion?

('._.)

Posted On:
    10/21/2006 2:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I think the whole "if you dont fight you cant judge fighters" crap is ridiculous aswell. Are film critics not allowed to judge movies if they have never directed one themselves?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/21/2006 3:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just some backstory here. Marc trashed on Royce in front of Serra because Serra is a Royce disciple. And if you don't know the history between Royce/Rorion and Laimon you really shouldn't comment on this. Furthermore - to dispell ANY confusion Marc does not HATE ALL GRACIES. He doesn't. He has the utmost respect for many of them. I spoke to him recently about this and a few names popped out like Renzo, Royler, and Roger. He thinks all of those guys are just studs.
    QUE? I thought he was a RENZO not Royce disciple and his first american BB. You sure thats right?

I do think pple who haven't fought need to STFU from time to time because those who climbed into the ropes and in the ring have a way better idea of what it takes than those that don't. Its not just MMA either. I boxed longer than anything and I always come across pple that will tak as if they know whats going on in the ring but never did it. You can give your opinion, until I start shooting pple in teh face for being stupid they are free to talk. However the trick is knowing when to speak and when to STFU.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    10/21/2006 4:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Draven
    Drama, drama, drama...you guys are like a group of 13 year old girls watching "The Real World" OMG he yelled at him and the guys were like making fun of Shonie and he was like whatever!!!1 This is what I hate about TUF, MMA should be about fighting not **** like that.
    You are a moron. Worst poster on the icompete forum.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2006 6:25pm

Style: Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    QUE? I thought he was a RENZO not Royce disciple and his first american BB. You sure thats right?
    Word.

From Serra's blog

I may be a little biased regarding the Gracies considering I trained under the great Renzo Gracie, but his attitude would annoy me if he was talking about any fighter.

Serra also said

Matt Hughes was playfully trying to get me and Marc to roll jiu-jitsu with each other, and neither of us were biting. I jokingly told him maybe he could see that after the finale, and did my best Ace Ventura impression, yelling “CAN YOU FEEL THAT BUDDY?!” We all had a laugh about that.

doesn't sound like Hughes saw Laimon and Serra rolling. Besides, if he had seen Laimon tap Serra, why would he be so interested in watching them roll. Doesn't seem to make sense to me.

('._.)

Posted On:
    10/21/2006 6:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greese
    You are a moron. Worst poster on the icompete forum.
    Wonderful :)

Quote Originally Posted by T3hJudoChop
    doesn't sound like Hughes saw Laimon and Serra rolling. Besides, if he had seen Laimon tap Serra, why would he be so interested in watching them roll. Doesn't seem to make sense to me.
    Probably because he wanted to start an arguement. Seems to me like Hughes has invented a new type of trolling, reality show trolling!

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    10/21/2006 11:36pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please take note. I said Royce disciple not student. Yes, Serra is Renzo's black belt. But Serra still rides on Royce's nuts and buys into the myth. That is what I meant by disciple - someone who still thinks Royce is one the greatest MMA fighters today eva.

If you listen to what Marc says about Royce you might know more than is shown in a carefully editted reality TV series. Marc thinks Royce's jiu jitsu sucks. He has said this many times over. He says that Royce refuses to get with the times and continues to use an archaic style of jiu jitsu, refuses to learn how to strike, and quite simply cannot compete in an environment where people actually know the submission game.

And everything he says is true. He just says it in the wrong way and at the wrong time.

Believe what you want to believe. I am not going to convince anyone of anything. I am just trying to give a little more insight to the whole situation and provide information that you might not know - namely that Marc and Matt did roll. And Marc crushed him. Hughes knew this and wanted to see it escalate.

Posted On:
    10/21/2006 11:51pm

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gotta admit, hughes does come off as a dick sometimes too.

WHY did he want to see it escalate?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast