221281 Bullies, 4351 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/20/2006 6:41pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Would love to get Yrkoon's take on this, but I think Laimon would school Serra in a sub grappling match.

And I'm a fan of Matt Serra.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    10/20/2006 6:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** yeah! Serra wins again. And hell no, Matt looked pretty pissed, and I think out of sheer anger he'd take Laimon out in MMA or Grappling.

I do however greatly agree with Laimon's assertions about some of the Gracies being a bunch of egotistical jackasses. I mean Royce THANKED Hughes for using BJJ to beat him? Last time I checked Royce gave up his back and Hughes was pounding on his head. More like wrestling + GnP FTW.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    10/20/2006 6:54pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how big is laimon? every shot of him is either "i am a bump on a log in the corner of the mats," or "i tower over your puny cameraman" in one of the warmup rooms with no reference.

Posted On:
    10/20/2006 6:56pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He seems to be more around Jeremy Horn's size judging by video and such. Again, we have a few Cobra Kai guys here though and they'd know better.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    10/20/2006 6:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pojac
    Can someone explain what happened between Laimon and Serra? I don't have cable.
    Matt hasn't liked Laimon since the beginning because Laimon apparently has never dropped his sack and jumped in the ring, yet feels fully qualified to criticize every fighter who does. On top of that, apparently Laimon's been utterly useless in training, which he is supposed to be there to help them with.

In the end it took Laimon mocking Royce for his defeat against Hughes that pushed Matt over the edge. Matt basically told him to have some respect for those who actually have the balls to get in the ring, and referred to him as "Lemon" instead of Laimon (Lemon = suckage/faulty).
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Posted On:
    10/20/2006 8:49pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of the best overall episodes this season, probably in TUF history as well.

Next episode we get to see Mikey run goggle-first into a wall.

Professional Swede

Posted On:
    10/21/2006 11:28am

Style: Sandbagged BJJ white belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great episode. Loved the fight. I'm a huge fan of Shonie Carter and his style, but I was still happy to see Serra win. Laimon was correct, of course, that the Gracies are idiots at times, but he's just as bad in his own way.
    I pointed at him [the panhandler], bringing my rear hand up in a subtle approximation of the double Wu Sau guard that is the default hand position in Wing Chun Kung Fu.

"Step away," I hissed.
    -Phil Elmore

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2006 11:33am

Style: Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Gracies have had their share of douchbaggery, and I understand Laimon's hatred for them, but let's be real. Where would Laimon be if the Gracies hadn't brought jiu-jitsu and MMA to the US?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/21/2006 12:00pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    matt serra yelled at laimon while laimon sat there like a bump on a log (which, at least as the producers present it, he's done quite a lot of there). and matt hughes found it vastly amusing.
    When did that happen???? During the fight??? If so, I totally missed.

I was rooting for Shonie (but God, he needs to get some real shorts I swear). But I loved the fight and how Matt won the match. I also I liked how both of them took the outcome at the end. Very professional of both.

I was jumping, laughing and yelling like a monkey on ectasy when Shonie got Matt with that spinning backfist. Oh well. :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

('._.)

Posted On:
    10/21/2006 12:28pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Drama, drama, drama...you guys are like a group of 13 year old girls watching "The Real World" OMG he yelled at him and the guys were like making fun of Shonie and he was like whatever!!!1 This is what I hate about TUF, MMA should be about fighting not **** like that.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast