Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    10/18/2006 6:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Judo Video Game...

Here is the demo for it. It is done by David Douillet, the only 3 time heavy weight medal winner.
    It is all in French but I figured it out and I am having a girl I know who is french come over and translate it next week.

http://www.daviddouilletjudo-lejeu.c...elechargements
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/18/2006 6:40pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    link no workie :(
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/18/2006 6:51pm

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2006 7:17pm

Style: Judo, Sambo, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know sports games are big and Madden is a pretty big fad right now, but isn't this a little much? Video games are fun, but nothing beats training

Posted On:
    10/18/2006 7:26pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Madden a fad? It's a franchise that's been going on since 1989.

Who said that you had to stop training in order to play a video game? If people want to have fun, so be it, and a game would only serve to expose more people to Judo. Hell, how many people think TKD is a badass martial art thanks to Tekken?
    Last edited by Psycho Dad; 10/18/2006 8:16pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

software engineer

Posted On:
    10/18/2006 8:13pm

supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder how the interface works. I've always found fighting game controls to be very inorganic.
    I wonder if there'll be cool games for the Wii.
    52 blocks documentary: arrived

"Joe Lauzon looks like a quiet, Internet guy..." -- Dana White

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    10/18/2006 8:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So does being good at Judo in real life give you an edge in the game? Or is it as mundane with button smashing like other fighting games? On a similar note, how do the UFC games stack up technique wise in regards to, do you just hit a combination and it does it as opposed to being able to actively counter and grapple with I suppose the joysticks.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

software engineer

Posted On:
    10/18/2006 8:29pm

supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    So does being good at Judo in real life give you an edge in the game? Or is it as mundane with button smashing like other fighting games? On a similar note, how do the UFC games stack up technique wise in regards to, do you just hit a combination and it does it as opposed to being able to actively counter and grapple with I suppose the joysticks.
    I think it's like all sports games -- learning the tactics and strategies of the sport will be what help you. Consider Madden. 4th and 2, I'd go for a running play and not a hail mary. But I sure as hell wouldn't be able to do either in real life.

Dunno about the UFC games, but PrideFC the game had a grappling system as follows (ABAICR):
    If I initiate a submission attack A+B, a timer comes up, counting down how long until you have to counter or defend. If you hit A really fast, you counter it with your own sub or position improvement. If you hit A before time's up, you defend.
    I could also attack with A+C, C+D, or 2-button combinations of the 4 buttons. There was some reasonable mapping of what area I attack and which combo you'll need to defend with.

The better grappler rating I have, the shorter time my attack takes to time out.
    I remember Nog pwning. Fedor wasn't in the game because of when it came out. Not that his subs should be that good.

Any single button executes ground and pound to body/head, left/right. You could block with the shoulder buttons.

On the feet, it was pretty standard. And same system as above for tds/throws and td-defense.
    52 blocks documentary: arrived

"Joe Lauzon looks like a quiet, Internet guy..." -- Dana White

Posted On:
    10/18/2006 8:35pm

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sweet! Now I can finally win a Judo tournament.

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    10/18/2006 8:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I found a lot of it made sense to me because of my judo background.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast