Administrator

Posted On:
    9/03/2009 3:36pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post

AR is an absolutist and trying to act like a martyre for an issue that is wholly consuming to him and special interests.
    Exactly.

He is an absolutist that doesn't apply those standards to himself. If anyone feels Denny is an ass, for not cutting his ties with a proven fraud, I understand. If you think it shows great friendship, to stick by GYI, I understand.
    To keep barking up this tree over and over again shows his obsessiveness.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2009 2:44pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ar549 View Post

Unfortunately, to my recent surprise, I discovered this site does no independent investigations and is a very convenient and easy tool for libel.

Posted On:
    9/04/2009 3:38pm

Style: SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by indy007 View Post
    Unfortunately, to my recent surprise, I discovered this site does no independent investigations and is a very convenient and easy tool for libel.
    [/center]
    Explain?
    "Chance favours only the prepared mind."

My Training Log

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2009 4:57pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by honesty View Post
    Explain?
    It's a very long story. I'll try to cut it short. A guy had his business effectively wiped out. It was a scenario paintball business, entertainment games/family events. A bundle of authenticated documents were sent to all of his sponsors, teams, and client fields. Turns out the guy was a convicted rapist, smoking gun photo and all that.

Well that guy tried to get revenge on an ex-friend that had lived with him, because that ex-friend made a website and did a large multi-part expose on those court docs. So "anonymously" some alleged military documents were posted claiming to be this ex-friends. The ex-friend, who I do know personally, is a retired recon marine. He claims:

Military History:
    United States Marine
    Rank on Separation: E-6
    MOS: 0311/0321 Marine Infantry/Marine Recon
    Years Served: 8

Major Awards and Decorations:
    Bronze Star with V
    2 Navy Achievement Medals
    2 Navy Commendation Medals one with V device
    Another 17 awards or decorations
    8 year rifle expert
    7 year pistol expert.
    The 3 page document in question had 1 page of a name, SSN, birthday, and hometown and nothing else. The next 2 pages didn't have any information to link them back to the first page, but did not match the claims. One of those was a DD-214. I checked with a friend who is married to an active US Army Major. She tried to get her husband's DD-214. Joke's on us, she was refused, and was told there is no way to get that document on a living soldier without their written consent, married or not. We asked how these documents were sourced, as the ex-friend had not signed off on a DD-214 request, which means to me, if it was his real DD-214, then forgery was required to get it. Since the claims were posted on multiple forums, I received an email from various admins that had the IP addresses listed. It all traced directly back to the area of the confirmed rapist with the destroyed business who blames the ex-friend for its collapse, and has a penchant for frivolous lawsuits that can be indepedently confirmed. So, suffice to say, suspicions arose. An inquiry about where the documents came from on one forum were met with claims from the anonymous poster, using the alias "StolenValor", that they were invesigated by a retired army veteran/scenario paintball player who is deceased. This claim was disproven by the deceased teammates. The IP info was indepedently confirmed. Ex-friend's entire comments consisted of laughter and the words "Okay, call the FBI on me."

Somehow, the documents and claims were posted on pownetwork. http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies1096.htm . I'm a fairly skeptical person. If you're going to accuse somebody of a crime, you better fucking prove it thoroughly.

So, I exchanged very polite emails with pownetwork, and asked how they confirmed this. They refused to say. After the first exchange, I laid out the entire situation to them, and told them they were very likely being abused in a petty vendetta. They continued to refuse to explain how they confirmed these documents, and refused to respond to a subsequent email inquiring about their investigative and legal backgrounds. That seems like pertinent information to me for a site that labels people federal criminals.

So far, no court case, no nothing. So what kind of investigation did they do for confirmation exactly?

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    9/04/2009 10:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They're just another internet forum site. Except, just because it's 'pownetwork', ar549 thinks automatically they can do no wrong. Like I said before, if Marc Denny can show they redacted his words, then both ar549 and Sam should pull back from giving them the benefit of any doubt.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536