Posted On:
    10/12/2006 4:09am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

HOMOSEXUALITY?

Greetings,

since posting my very first thread here at Bullshido, the liveliness of the site and the nice hate-mail answers (lately even quoting and answering each other and not the thread) made a good impression on me, I hereby thank you all for the warm (yet still newbie) welcoming and here we go with another thread.

I just wonder since this site/community is supposedly about martial arts getting cleared of all bullshit and discussion is supposed to be lead based upon facts and well-thought out, how is it posibble, that in so many threads where there is critique of some MA style or actual video, the expressions "fag", "gay" and so on are used as adjectives describing the lowest of low depths?

I am not trying to be politically correct, nor am I homosexual (to the best of my knowledge), but is there any correlation between a persons sexual interest and his/her physical strength or fighting skills? You mean a homosexual (or zoophile or necrophile or whatever) is unable to learn to fight? Or is it what it seems to be at first glance - that you guys mean the words "fag" and "gay" like stupid little kids mean them when mocking someone who behaves differently? Like homosexuals are all feminine, walk around in high heels, speak a high tone and start crying when you yell at them? Or what was/is the point with all the fag-talk. Starts to feel like a born-again christian forum sometimes.

Excuse me, but I thought this is a forum for at least semi-intelligent human beings interested in martial arts, and not a club of proud heterosexuals with cardboards on their heads... I am sure there are other ways of describing non-working martial arts techniques. And other ways of explaining why they don't work - cause I'm sure as hell convinced they have nothing to do with where you stick your thing or what you let get sticked into yourself.

Please, release the sphincters of your knowledge wide open and inform poor me what point am I missing this time. There are so many, I know...

Peace,
    Tonuzaba

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/12/2006 4:14am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ninpo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "the mouth speaks what the heart is full" lol

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    10/12/2006 4:17am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    um, two of our most prolific posters are lesbians. with each other. I definitely have no problem with that. Some people who are immature use fag or gay or whatever as an insult.

Im probably one of them >_< but who gives a ****

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/12/2006 4:24am

Style: Jabs & Cross Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Newbietown... sigh! I'll be nice then.

Using creative words or explicit to spice up a conversation is a common feature of informal chatting/conversation. The culture in Bullshido.net is no different.

If I was to talk to superior in a formal / office setting, it would be very different from how I would speak to a friend in a bar/pub etc or bullshido.net i.e., more formal.

Kapish (Understand)?

GMW

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    10/12/2006 4:40am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    capice isnt it? with a little thingy over the e or whatever those spicks use

:p

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    10/12/2006 4:41am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

"Try, Comrade Zilkov, to cultivate a sense of humor!"

--Dr. Yen Lo, The Manchurian Candidate

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    10/12/2006 4:42am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    capice isnt it? with a little thingy over the e or whatever those spicks use
    Wops.

--J. "Some of My Best Friends Are" D.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/12/2006 5:09am

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tonuzaba,

Check out the section on "Perjorative non-sexualised usage" at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay - I think this is the sense in which a lot of the younger guys here are using the word. Genuinely rabid homophobes (and racists) seem to be in a very small minority on Bullshido.net and they tend to get blasted when they post expressing these views.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    10/12/2006 5:28am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We only call people names in the hopes of making them froth at the mouth. For instance, if I were to (outside of Newbietown) call you gay for making this thread (which is admittedly a bit of trite irony), it would not be because I really hope you will come roll all sweaty-like with me. It would only be in the hopes that somewhere, deep inside of yourself, you fear it might be true and that this fear would cause a stream of hillarity to ensue. Typically however, I prefer a more passive agressive approach when taunting someone. Then again, I am not as cerebral as yourself, nor do I make threads that are as valid and thought-provoking as this one.

Posted On:
    10/12/2006 5:30am

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba
    Please, release the sphincters of your knowledge wide open
    Tonuzaba
    That is a really hilarious way to put it.
    As has been mentioned, I don't think there really are that many homophobes here, besides, it's the internet. Don't take it too serious.
Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast