He is now considering legal action.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    10/12/2006 3:39am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think this Mr. Moclaire demonstrated the amount of respect he deserves in his rambling, fallacious, ego-driven vomitus.

He seeks validation from charlatans.

--J.D.

P.S. Welcome to the forums.

P.P.S. Two drink minimum.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/12/2006 3:45am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Fuk you ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am only here to put my side as the postings that contained my name appear here. I am not out to bring down Moclair, just asking a simple question regarding his Soke/Professor title.

Posted On:
    10/12/2006 3:48am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you already know the answer, as does the majority of the Noble Readership.

Incidentally, such titles are "bestowed" by others, not "claimed" by the holder. This individual and the certificate mills of like LARP'rs seemed to have missed that minor principle of etiquette.

--J.D.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/12/2006 3:58am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree Doc. He has let himself fall into his own trappings. But if it does go to courts, I will keep this site and others posted of any outcome.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    10/12/2006 4:03am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please do William. I for one would very much like to hear what happens. Oh and welcome to the forums.

Posted On:
    10/12/2006 4:07am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think he is just posturing. Since my rather encylopedic knowledge of British law is based on my reading Rumpole of the Bailey book . . . however, to my understanding, you have a much easier time getting "costs" for a frivolous law suit. I think this is just a "threat" to scare people.

However, you may wish to seek the advice of a solicitor. I am unaware of any solicitors/barristers on this site--Samuel might.

I do not know your style, but I would not be surprised if your organization has a lawyer or two in it who would be willing to help you protect yourself against this.

Meanwhile, you may consider opening an "Official Thread" explaining the basics of the controversy. This is what Bullshido "does."

--J.D.

Posted On:
    10/12/2006 5:21am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright, I realize as I post this that I got a little carried away following links and doing searches. That stuff is at the bottom. Here's the sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungkorn Dam
    Here's the reply from Moclair:

On resigning from the WBFOMA in 1997, I was at that time a ninth dan, this grade was also endorsed by Juko-Kia U.S.A.
    There are muliple mentions of rank being "endorsed" or "recognized" by organizations, no mention of who awarded them or who he trained with to get them. While that doesn't by itself mean anything, it seems like a red flag.

In 1999, I along with several of my Dan grades visited the head quarters of Juko-Kai U.S.A and was offered my tenth dan and my Sokeship, but I had to pay a large fee, in dollars, that fee I could not afford and at that point of time I personally did not feel that I was ready to move up to tenth dan.
    Ah the humility. Offered a dan grade and asked to pay a large fee for it. Does he say anywhere that he trained with Juko-Kai instructors of that grade or is this like the tales of ninjas making a pilgrimage to Japan for rankings? This just looks like bought rank otherwise.

I am aware of the bad press and legal battles that Juko-Kai has had in recent years but I know the man behind this group and I have the utmost respect for him as a person and as an excellent martial artist. It was from this organisation that I was awarded my Professorship in Bu-Jutsu and I will keep the title out of respect.
    [unrelated tangent]The general use of "Professor" as a martial arts titles irks me.[/unrelated tangent]

He humbly accepts the title out of respect for others. Does this sound like the autobio's of other suspiciously credentialed martial artists as well? Where does this tendency to begrudgingly accept titles bestowed upon them by others come from I wonder. :icon_roll

In January 2005 was requested once again to accept my tenth dan, and the title of soke, after some deliberation I agreed as I was holding back other senior dans grades that deserved to move up a grade. The grade was not issued from Juko-Kai U.S.A it came from Bushi Kai International, this is an organisation that I formed in 1997. The grade was also endorsed by the Guild of Professional Martial Artist, an elite group built up of only truly professional martial artists. The sokeship title makes me a first generation soke and is in recognition of the Ju-jutsu arts that I teach, they are my own style and I am the legitimate founder.
    They requested that he accept a ranking and title that he previously refused. Now I'd think that if that were Juko-Kai again that this would be the equivalent of the salesman calling to see if he couldn't lure you back to the showroom to buy the car you previously expressed an interest in. But he goes on to say that the ranking comes from an organization that he himself formed. I did find a couple of pages that seemed to be saying that his 10th dan is from Juko Kai, such as his school's page: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/taijutsu/info2.htm. It also says he's "accredited by the Japanese"... Huh?

Google turns up a Bushi Kai International that Moclair is not listed as a member of (http://www.bushijujitsukai.com/), and no hits for "Bushi Kai International" in conjunction with his name. Similarly, no hits for the "Guild of Professional Martial Artist", artists, art or arts. Make of that what you will.

A little further hunting through several pages of website guestbook advertisements for the previous site turned up: http://bushinkai.narod.ru/ None of the people listed there match the picture of Moclair from his avatar on martial arts cafe (go to properties and view the big source image rather that the scrunched up 65x65 avatar or look him up on youtube), but I can't read a damn thing on that site.

I'd venture that ranking yourself or creating an organization to rank yourself is above all else, lame. And who seeks out tons of organizations to agree that they're ranked in something? Usually people who are trying to manufacture legitimacy.

Here http://archive.thisistheblackcountry.../10/10834.html and here http://archive.thisistheblackcountry...1/27/6349.html he is referred to as a "ju justu world champion" and a "world champion", respectively. But I can't find any information on that. Here his site calls him Hanshi and mentions eveyone's favorite chestnut: sport v. street http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/taijutsu/info2.htm

And I just love this silly tag:

He also derides both cardio-SD and sport here but I honestly can't tell whether he's referring to full contact or point sparring: http://www.usadojo.com/products/book...ew-moclair.htm (this on seems to be reprinted a couple other places). Though he seems to dislike the "world champion" title he is carrying it in those two articles above. If he's referring to point sparring in this article at least, his attitude very much fits the opinions of this forum.

Speaking of this forum, google pops up a broken link to bullshido on a previous discussion where the guy is brought up, so the google cache of the discussion: http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:...ient=firefox-a

Interesting stuff there. Color me cynical after reading all the above and the numerous arts his school's site lists him as a high dan-holder in.

Posted On:
    10/12/2006 5:26am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good people of the martial arts world. I have watched with interest the threads on e-budo and MAC regarding this matter. I am afraid that Scottx, W Northcote, Rottenpunk and others have opened a real can of worms. It appears from day one that they have adopted the moral high ground and became judge, jury and executioner on a very minor matter that has ballooned into an all out war. From the word go, these people have been less than respectful in their `interrogation` of Prof. Moclair and have ridiculed / verbally abused him at every opportunity and made it their mission to belittle him.

Prof. Moclair has given them all the associations he has trained with / headed / been involved with over the years and has been candid and forthright regarding the legal cases.
    It appears that this is not enough and these `executioners` want it spelling out to them and the character assasination continues. The offer has been made to these individuals to visit Tai Jutsu Kwai Dojo to meet with prof. Moclair to view his certs and discuss with him at length his heritage and history. I think that they won`t be rushing to knock on his door any time soon! Maybe they could produce their own high grade certification and prove thier heritage as well so that prof. Moclair could be judged by his peers!

When you back a wounded animal into a corner, do you not expect it to fight back. Admittedly the choice of certain language / conotation has been regrettable but for the `hanging posse` to blame this whole situation on prof. moclair is unfair. And so we arrive at legal action. In this country, if you tarnish someones rep without proof, you can ensure that the Law will be that persons recourse. Prof. Moclair I believe has no case to answer from a group of `cyber samurai` who have at no time demonstrated that they are one of Prof. Moclairs peers: just the opposite in my opinion.

A regrettable situation started by persons of limited maturity. I hope when this is all done and dusted that they commit cyber hara kiri and apologise.

The Martial Arts are a way of life to some, a means of destruction to others, but surely the real purpose of the arts is to make us better persons. I sometimes think these forums do exactly the opposite!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/12/2006 5:41am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by steveh68@blueyo
    Good people of the martial arts world. I have watched with interest the threads on e-budo and MAC regarding this matter. I am afraid that Scottx, W Northcote, Rottenpunk and others have opened a real can of worms. It appears from day one that they have adopted the moral high ground and became judge, jury and executioner on a very minor matter that has ballooned into an all out war. From the word go, these people have been less than respectful in their `interrogation` of Prof. Moclair and have ridiculed / verbally abused him at every opportunity and made it their mission to belittle him.

Prof. Moclair has given them all the associations he has trained with / headed / been involved with over the years and has been candid and forthright regarding the legal cases.
    It appears that this is not enough and these `executioners` want it spelling out to them and the character assasination continues. The offer has been made to these individuals to visit Tai Jutsu Kwai Dojo to meet with prof. Moclair to view his certs and discuss with him at length his heritage and history. I think that they won`t be rushing to knock on his door any time soon! Maybe they could produce their own high grade certification and prove thier heritage as well so that prof. Moclair could be judged by his peers!

When you back a wounded animal into a corner, do you not expect it to fight back. Admittedly the choice of certain language / conotation has been regrettable but for the `hanging posse` to blame this whole situation on prof. moclair is unfair. And so we arrive at legal action. In this country, if you tarnish someones rep without proof, you can ensure that the Law will be that persons recourse. Prof. Moclair I believe has no case to answer from a group of `cyber samurai` who have at no time demonstrated that they are one of Prof. Moclairs peers: just the opposite in my opinion.

A regrettable situation started by persons of limited maturity. I hope when this is all done and dusted that they commit cyber hara kiri and apologise.

The Martial Arts are a way of life to some, a means of destruction to others, but surely the real purpose of the arts is to make us better persons. I sometimes think these forums do exactly the opposite!
    All he has done is provided his credentials but has not back it up through certification. People have asked to meet up with him but he has hit back in the manner that has made the e-budo thread go from "is this for real" to "Bad budo". Basically, he has made himself the victim of the questioning. If he had sone what was asked in the first place, we would not be here discussing this person on here.

I even invited him in fairness to post on e-budo. Here is the mail I sent him:

I am asking in the interest of letting your side of your system to be explained on http://www.e-budo.com . On that website there is a discussion about you and your training and like to ask you to put your side across.

Even though people are seeing your site at face value, it would be good to hear from someone within your school, or you yourself, to put your side and hopefully explain your standing within the MA community.

I hope you do put your point across as it would stop any negative comments disuading potential students to come to your dojo.

Yours in budo

W. Northcote

Shodan

That was sent on 10/06/2006 at 09:33 UTC

I have been fair in my questions, I have not set out to attack Moclair. All I have done is genuinly asked about his grades and who he is.
    Last edited by william northco; 10/12/2006 5:44am at .
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast