Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 2:52pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    7. Kickboxing Jr. Heavyweights

Chris Clugston vs. David Frank

Frank comes out and throws a left jab, Clugston immediately answers with a kick to Frank's midsection. Frank lands two front kicks and moves Clugston into the corner. Clugston defends well and no blows are landed as he works his way out. One more front kick lands for Frank. Frank's kicks look to have a little more snap to them. Clugston misses with a low kick and Frank lands a counter kick to the back of the thigh. Clugston feigns a couple of punches and Frank moves in firing a three punch combo sending Clugston backpedaling to the corner. None of the punches landed and Clugston shoves Frank off and takes the center of the ring. Clugston misses with a very sloppy roundhouse and Frank answers with another counter kick to the thigh. Frank is pressing the action. Clugston misses with one high kick but partially lands another. Frank moved Clugston against the ropes and launches a flurry of low kicks, hooks, and knees. Clugston covers up and not much gets through.

Round two Clugston is missing low kicks that are immediately countered with another low kick by Frank. Clugston lands a good low kick. Clugston's kick seem awkward, not turning completely over. Frank backs Clugston to the corner with another flurry of punches and knees. Clugston cover up and defends the shots. Clugston lands a good kigh kick to Frank's jaw followed by a left hand. Frank is still more active, throwing low kicks, but Clugston is checking most of them.

Round three Frank is the aggressor but Clugston has a very tight defense, not letting anything through. Clugston lands a good counter left hand against the ropes and the fighters immediately clinch. Clugston lands several low kicks as Frank is against the ropes and Frank slips down to the canvas. On the restart Clugston throws a roundhouse high kick and spinning backfist combo that misses. Franks counter kicks another low kick. The fighters clinch and Clugston sweeps Frank down to the canvas. Clugston comes in with a front kick and Frank counters with a spinning backfist. The fighters clinch and trade knees as the fight comes to an end. Clugston showed very good defensive skills, taking little damage, but just wasn't active enough to warrant the decision as Frank pushed the pace for most of the fight.

Winner: David Frank Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27) 2:00 RD 3

Well This goes to show that Mr. Clugston has been defeated in a fight before. As for his official record, I'm still looking and will keep you guys posted on anything that I find.

P.S. I got this info from this link http://www.okfightnews.com/OKV2/inde...id=39&Itemid=2

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 3:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good find, and it didn't take you that long.
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin_peebles
    I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 3:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMA Apostate
    Yeah I searched the old Bullshido forums and found a post that Chris Clugston posted at www.okfightnews.com under the name "sok" So I looked it up and registered on the site to view the forum and look up any forum posts that contained Clugston and I found these http://www.okfightnews.com/OKV2/index.php. While searching I saw there was a team called "Team Clugston" so I went to yahoo and typed in "Team Glugston OK mma" and I clicked on this site http://www.tritonccsd.com/forums/member.php?u=13 where I clicked on the link at the bottom of the Clugston profile to find his very well hidden (IMHO) official site at http://webspawner.com/users/luchador/index.html

I obviously need to do more research to see what his fight history really is and such. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on what I've discovered and that this "n00b" is willing to do the dirty work.

The Forum on that site is quite 'informative'. Seems Mr. Clugston (aka VALETE) has a serious hate on for Oklahomans. I wonder if he's met Dai Tenshi and his crew?

i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 3:18pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Make that at least two fights lost

Extreme Kickboxing 16 Bushido

June 4, 2005 Tulsa, OK

Greenwood Culture Center

8. Ryan McLain vs. Chris Clugston

Ryan McLain wins over Chris Clugston Dec.

What's hard for me to beleive is that Chris lets himself be marketed as an RBSD, sport MA trash talking, superman. And then he goes and competes in Sport MA venues...and loses!

He seems to favor kickboxing matches over mma bouts. If you look at his official site you will notice that he has more TVG than what TRS pimps out about him. One of those videos is an anti grappling DVD. http://p208.ezboard.com/fselfdefense...cID=1007.topic If his training secrets are so superior he would be able to beat MMA practitioners at there own game. While standing.

The more I look into Chris the more I see a fraud wrapped in sophisticated marketing. Just how big of a fraud is still undetermined.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 3:26pm

Style: Boxing, Judo, BJJ, M.T.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's been getting his ass kicked in Oklaoma, so it's not surprising that he's developed a hatred towards it.

http://www.okfightnews.com/OKV2/inde...=143&Itemid=55

You may want to send them an e-mail and find out what Clugston's actual record is through thier organization. OTOH, it might be a different guy w/ the same name, check to see.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 3:47pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoMan
    He's been getting his ass kicked in Oklaoma, so it's not surprising that he's developed a hatred towards it.

http://www.okfightnews.com/OKV2/inde...=143&Itemid=55

You may want to send them an e-mail and find out what Clugston's actual record is through thier organization. OTOH, it might be a different guy w/ the same name, check to see.
    It is him. On his official forum http://p208.ezboard.com/fselfdefense...cID=1104.topic he goes and says that the OK fight news forum has banned him for awhile, and he(Chris Clugston, AKA VALETE) posted that two days ago.

Also, some of his RBSD videos have been out for over ten years now, so it's not like he has formed a recent distaste for competitive MA. Also, he is suppose to be a kickboxer/shoot boxer world champion(I've read it both ways) so why cant he handle these individuals? Expecially with the amount of new "technologies" he's developed to beat fighters.

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 3:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anyone seen any of his videos?

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 4:01pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Obviously he has good kickboxing skills, its the Gladiator claims that are Bullshido.

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 4:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I recall somebody who knew him posting, on this board, that he was personally rather embarassed about the entire "Super Lethal Ninja Roman Gladiator Russel Crowe-Jitsu" thing. Said that he'd sold his product to TRS and that they'd gayed it up with all the advertising. A search might bring up the relevant post.

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 4:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Regardless, he seems to have embraced it now. A lot of those posts are recent.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast