Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 2:55am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm glad you recognize the importance of skill over power and muscles. I weigh over 260 pounds, but I can take out people much more muscular than I am using skill. Here's a good discussion of it. http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47044 Of course, I'm assuming that both fighters are Wing Chun masters of equal skill. Why doesn't the muscle help out? Why does fat help some fighters?

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 2:57am

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is a wing chun master?
    When You absolutely have to hide a body...try Alaska.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 3:01am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    youre either a troll or so fucking stupid that you may as well be, nord (Orc would totally pwn you btw)

edit- added in the comma for the stupid nordic guy underneath me (dumb honkeys man)
    Last edited by alex; 10/11/2006 3:06am at .

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 3:04am

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey alex, I am of nordic descent. What was that comment supposed to mean?
    When You absolutely have to hide a body...try Alaska.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 3:56am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nord
    I'm glad you recognize the importance of skill over power and muscles. I weigh over 260 pounds, but I can take out people much more muscular than I am using skill. Here's a good discussion of it. http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47044 Of course, I'm assuming that both fighters are Wing Chun masters of equal skill. Why doesn't the muscle help out? Why does fat help some fighters?

1. The difference between 3% and 6%, for a 200# man, is 6 pounds. Those three points are enough for many people to lose the definition of say, a six pack. The point is, you can actually sometimes feel better performance wise if you DON'T go super lean. Bodybuilders dehydrate and use other extreme techniques to get super cut to 1-3%, most bodybuilders don't walk around day to day at those percentages. Just keep in mind, Tim Sylvia having a bit of love handle over the top of his compression pants does not give fatties the world over liscense to believe they are "fat but fit" as they cry themselves to sleep.

2. If you are 260 pounds and have any issues about people "much more muscular" then you, I might suggest, politely, that the 260 pounds is rather . . .roughly arrayed. Not automatically your fault, many of us have a little extra bulk, but stop excusing it and dressing it up.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 3:57am

Style: FMA, MT & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm from Sweden, for those of you without a map it's one of the nordic countries, and I'm curious. Is this "I'm of viking descent, so I must be the best in the world blah blah blah" common in the states? Of course we get some of these nutcases here, not too many but enough to be a bother. And fighters don't look like bodybuilders because A) the exercises required to looking like that are not conducive to good stamina and B) it's generally considered a bad idea if your muscles get in the way when cross-punching.

Btw there IS a nordic martial art, two that I've heard of actually. One of them is an old wrestlingstyle, very ritualized though, called Glima (The "i" should be pronounced as "ee",sometimes spelled Glyma). The other that I've heard of was featured in a martial arts magazine in sweden, and called Stav (Lit. Staff). Glima has roots that can be verified, Stav is apparently some "secret tradition passed down from father to son" or something like that.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 4:19am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bodybuilders train to form their muscles not for strengh, endurance.

When they are in competition weight/form, they are at their weakest strength but look absolutely massive.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 4:20am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are all misinformed and blinded by Dextrocentrists.

The True Master Race [Franchises available.--Ed.] are the Left-Handed.

--J.D.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 4:22am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    he's right you know. we are planning to take over the world right now. why can i tell you this? because the righties are too stupid to do anything about it. need proof?

G.W Bush is right handed. thats right.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 4:41am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At 3% body fat you would have stripped your body of much of it's necessary natural padding. I bet it would hurt more when somebody hit you. Roman Gladiators used to fatten up on barley stew before fights to get some padding.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast