Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 2:37am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Why don't martial artists look like bodybuilders?

They seem to have too much body fat, some more than 6%! Bodybuilders can get as low as 3%. I think the best muscle:fat ratio should give an edge to lean people instead of fatties, but I can't even see 6 packs on some fighters! Why can't they just lose more fat and have nothing but muscle? Wouldn't that be a big advantage? Hell, lots of UFC and Pride guys just look fat.

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 2:39am

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nord
    They seem to have too much body fat, some more than 6%! Bodybuilders can get as low as 3%. I think the best muscle:fat ratio should give an edge to lean people instead of fatties, but I can't even see 6 packs on some fighters! Why can't they just lose more fat and have nothing but muscle? Wouldn't that be a big advantage? Hell, lots of UFC and Pride guys just look fat.

Your a fucking tard.
    When You absolutely have to hide a body...try Alaska.

Office Drone

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 2:40am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    because martial artists aren't bodybuilders

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 2:42am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can I get a scientific explanation here? If 2 people, weighing the same, have different amounts of muscle, it's logical to conclude the one with more muscle would win. Why don't we see this?

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 2:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And you seem to be some kind of miss-guided aryian white power fucker.

"Hi, guys. My name is Bjorn Svenson, and I'm a Nordic-American guy who is really interested in martial arts. Like most Nordic-Americans, I'm not very familiar with my heritage, so I've partaken a personal quest to rediscover my Indo-European roots. I'm interested in taking a martial art that encompasses the priciples of Asatru, heritage, blood, and soil.

My goal is to facilitate an awareness campaign for an Indo-European cultural revival. I'm uninterested in any martial art that had influences from Alpines, Dinarics, Levantines, Slavs, or any non-Nordic culture. I simply don't find them worth considering.

And remember: Nordic blood is the light of the world! "

:new_321:

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 2:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And you are not going to last long around here.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 2:51am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    even though you are probably yet another moronic racist, ill try and answer your question-

because it doesnt fucking matter. fighters train to fight not look pretty. for some of them they get ripped in the process, others dont. you think Mark Hunt doesnt train hard because he has a gut? and if your theory was true, Mike McDonald would be holding the k-1 title (no disrespect to Mike since he is the awesomeness) and Fedor would definitely NOT be holding the PRIDE title. having a bit o fat really does not matter an awful lot when it comes to fighting, what matters is skill.

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 2:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alex, dont even try to be civile to this piece of ****. I have read his other posts. more White vikings were pure, bla bla bla. he will be gone soon.

On top of that, he says he is interested in MA. that means he does not actuly train, If he did, he would know there is always that fat guy that has been around forever, that moves like a light wieght and hits like a tank.

The guy that laughs when you knee him in the face, and can't roll well, but does not have to because he wieghs too much to man handle and he knows it.

This is some body builder confused as to why the fat guy, opr the little guy can kick his ass...and he can bench 350. what the ****?
    Last edited by wagamichi; 10/11/2006 2:56am at .

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 2:54am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nord
    3% bodyfat isn't a productive training goal for fighters. Skill in fighting is their goal - build is incidental. Bodyfat is a good measure of health for the average health enthusiast, but fighters and other athletes need to be more concerned with sport-specific strength and cardio. The edge in strength an extremely lean person would enjoy over a heavier person with the same muscle mass who spent some of their time training skillsets instead of cutting and dehydrating to look beach-ready is not worth the loss of training time to workout time such regimen typically involve.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 2:55am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it makes me sad that almost everyone else i see on this site with an interest in european culture is also a moron fucking racist. just another thing that is ruined by the ignorant
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast