Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 4:36am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the best thread in the universe.

I have considered this before, when confronted by a zombie I would definetly revert back to my wing chun training. My bjj experience will only get me killed, as I cant break a limb or choke out the living dead.

HOWEVER...

I can easily apply awesomes wing chun trapping on a zombie. They just walk towards me slowly with both arms stretched out, so I dunno, I guess I tan sau lop sau one arm, using my other arm to up heel palm strike to the jaw, severing the head from the body, just like the drills taught me!

DESTORY TEH BRAINSS!!!111 WIGN CHUN WORKS ON TEH DEASD ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!!LO1LLL111

:sign12:

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 4:47am

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dai Tenshi
    I am so screwed.

I would however suggest that Muay Thai may be an effective solution to zombies. While I'm not suggesting that one clinch with a zombie, I thinkthe solid, shin to thigh/knee leg icks and perhaps even good thai kicks to the ribs would be extremely effective against zombies. In that clip alone, from Peter Jackson's documentary "Dead Alive", we see that chabered karate/tkd style kicks are enough to dissmember zombies, I imagine a strong thai kick could well cleave one in two.
    Indeed. It's worth bearing in mind that Jackson made his documentary three years before UFC 1, when the zombie-devastating kicks of Muay Thai were not as widely known or appreciated as they are today. Perhaps it's time for someone to update his pioneering work and produce a real cutting edge "how-to" DVD for the modern market. I'm sure that TRS Direct would be interested.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 5:13am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love you, Olorin.

The Federal Vampire and Zombie Agency has released a small blurb on Hand-to-Hand Combat With Zombies. In addition to simple hand to hand tactics, situational awareness is key to survival as is having a plan for where to go. Do not doubt for a second that you are safe, studies show that a zombie epidemic is almost unsurvivable. To increase your chances, keep this checklist with you:
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.gregwright.info/humorzombies.html
    What to Do When the Zombies Attack:

A Simple Checklist

by Greg "Zombie Slayer" Wright

1. Board up your windows and doors to keep the zombies at bay. Plus, then your house will look abandoned, which will lower property values, thus reducing the likelihood that zombies will move in next door.
    2. Cruise around town and help round up defenseless women, children, and elderly people, rescuing them from the undead hordes. Now you’ve got bait!
    3. Stop talking about your big, powerful, mouth-watering brains. You’ll only egg the zombies on. Incidentally, if you’re a zombie reading this, I have no brain at all.
    4. Don’t confuse the zombies with girl scouts. The may have sashes, berets, or even cookies, but don’t open the door for even one zombie, no matter how charitable their cause may seem. If you’re unsure whether it’s a zombie or girl scout at the door, assume zombie. No one will miss a few girl scouts anyway.
    5. Avoid eating human flesh. You may be mistaken for a zombie.
    6. Gas up your chainsaw and keep it with you at all times. That way, wherever you go, you can chop down a small tree and beat the zombies to death with it.
    7. Eat a healthy breakfast. Even though zombies are killing in the streets, there’s no excuse for missing the most important meal of the day.
    8. Wear plenty of patchouli. The undead hate the smell of patchouli, as do most of the living.
    9. Obtain a first-aid kit, preferably one with lots of triple-antibiotic ointment. There’s no sense fighting the zombies and a nasty infection at the same time.
    10. Try convincing those brain-dead, flesh-eating bastards not to vote Republican anymore.
    Never fear; though they try to emulate us, zombie training inherently inferior:

(Source)

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 10:03am

Style: JJ of the B variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unarmed against a horde of zombies, I would have to go with heavy clothing, aikido, and tkd. Something that was left out about aikido is that the randori training does give you a sense of how you should move to prevent being surrounded by a group.

Now, if you aren't considering an all-terain vehicle as a weapon, that would be my first choice, so I could remove some layers of my heavy clothing.

Zombies are the greatest concept human beings have ever imagined.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 10:15am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR
    As with all martial arts, however, you have to be realistic about where you get your training. For example, some McDojos don't take into account that the degree of putrefecation of a given zombie has a great impact on the techniques and style you can safely use against it.

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfkHkdu5IEI for an object lesson. As recommended, the defender uses a skilful combination of Aikido and Tae Kwon Do to fight two zombies at once. He starts out well and is able to twist and kick the zombie's limbs off quite effectively, but then makes two classic blunders and pays the ultimate price.
    Hilarious! Awesome timing for posting this too.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 10:44am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great thread! I would also imagine that arts like Kung Fu and Silat would also be acceptable since the Zombies generally move very slowly it becomes easy to apply a lot of the more intricate moves from these arts.

I also think it would probably be safe to kick to the face provided you are wearing a heavy work boot. Of course weapon based arts are clearly more advantageous when dealing with Zombies as long as you have your weapon on hand. But I have to agree with Ukemi, an all terrain vehicle is an excellent idea.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 10:57am

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I've learned anything about combating zombies...it's come from Diablo II...

- Blunt objects work best...in fact, they give you 50% additional damage against undead...so I recommend maces, clubs, hammers, and sceptors...preferably with additional elemental damage
    - Cold damage works best because of potential freezing effects...once frozen, used said blunt object to break apart so there's no potential of revival...
    - If all else fails...then just run like all hell...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 11:16am

Style: Taiji for now, damnitall

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My favorite Zombie training video:

http://stage.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2721438

European Martial Arts FTW

~yanta

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 11:23am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm ready.

TKD flying kicks, Kung Fu stomps, and Aikido dynamic sphere theory.

Also, over 20 hours of Dead Rising.

Incidently, that Academie Duello place is just down the street from where I work.

I've thought about checking it out, but I already have a duffel bag full of blunt objects I know how to weild. Seems frivolous.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 11:36am

Style: Taiji for now, damnitall

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I heard about the Academy Duello from some SCA friends. They had good things to say about it. They sent me that video a long time ago -- and it was just perfect for this wonderful thread!

~yanta
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast