Page 5 of 5 First 12345

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That picture looks like a major WIGGER.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was talking about friendly sparring, no kicking, just light boxing. It's not an issue anymore since we stepped up the contact level and allowed kicks, but chez for the good intentions.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sokaku
    Tell that to Cro Cop, asswipe.

STFU ASSWHIPE!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by feedback
    I'm a counter puncher and my weakness is getting overwhelmed easily. If I wasn't rocked(tm) I should have uppercutted my friend as he was well open for it, but instead I just shelled up and then kicked him in the balls, smashed them right between my shin and his thigh. So other than that, what good recommendations do some of you have for countering a bum-rusher?
    I was having similar problems some time back. I asked questions in class and found the following things that have worked for me:

1) Get inside his arms, neck clinch (actually crown of head), pull down, knee to body or head if you can get it.
    2) Duck under his punch (use your legs not your body), push off with a lead hand uppercut, then right cross.
    3) Duck under his punch, push off with a lead hand upward elbow, right cross.
    4) A really really hard right cross whenever anyone tries to rush you. I practice this on the bag a lot to get my confidence in this technique up.
    5) A very good CM defense works really well if your school teaches it.

Make it a habit to never take more one step backwards, sometimes we do that out of reflex. Always circle off away from his power side.

Page 5 of 5 First 12345