Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

Posted On:
    10/10/2006 5:46pm

Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bunjinkan invades Wikipedia

The following is a direct quote from the wikipedia entry on "punch (strike)" as of today:

Ninjutsu

Like karate, punching techniques in bujinkan ninjutsu are usually called tsuki. There are many types of punches which one would use depending on the situation, required force and distance from the opponent.

One basic beginner's punch is very similar to Wing Chun's vertical fist punch. When close range with the opponent, by bending the knees as you punch, you can effectively use your body weight to strike hard instead of using brute muscle force. The goal in this type of punch is to cause a ripple effect inside the target, in hopes of damaging internal organs instead of causing external damage.

Masaaki Hatsumi explains this Earth/chi technique by comparing it to board breaking techniques. Though board breaking with punches are impressive, a wooden board contains very little water compared to the human body's approximately 72% of water. By that reasoning, a board breaking technique does not offer the same impressive result on a human body. Since ninjutsu isn't a competitive martial art, there are no board breaking techniques in ninjutsu's taijutsu (hand-to-hand techniques).

(Emphasis added)
    So the reason board-breaking techniques don't work on people is the difference in water content between a board and a human body huh? So a wet sponge would be the ideal training tool. Obviously I'm using too much Earth Chi in my punches. When fighting a water-type enemy, use lightning-based attacks!

If you'd like to see Masaaki Hatsumi's powerful and practical Ninjutsu in action, look no further than http://http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7966881773413533729 (courtesy of Virus) to see all the wonders of his Bujinkan.

This is the kind of crap that makes me want to dislike wikipedia...

Posted On:
    10/10/2006 6:25pm

Style: BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want to dislike Wikipedia, just read through this site: Wikitruth

Posted On:
    10/10/2006 6:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The bujinkan have shitted up anything to do with ninjas and ninjitsu on wiki. Also put togakure under a list of koryu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2006 9:12pm

Style: Bujutsu / Muay Thai / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having visions of a punching bag made of jelly

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2006 9:16pm

Style: None. Again.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I went in and removed the last part of this beginning with "The goal of this punch..." Up until that point it's a pretty straightforward addition but after that part was nothing concerning punches, and had no place in this article.

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    10/10/2006 9:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Join up with the site and write something in the talk page, stir some **** up. That's how you make changes. It's really something that should have a source.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

Posted On:
    10/10/2006 9:53pm

Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosexmachina
    Join up with the site and write something in the talk page, stir some **** up. That's how you make changes. It's really something that should have a source.
    Someday I'll summon the mental energy to join wikipedia - but for now I'll stick to fixing your/you're and their/there/they're from time to time. Thanks for taking aggressive measures BlackMariah, the martial arts community owes you one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2006 10:28pm

Style: None. Again.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosexmachina
    That's not how you make changes. You make changes by... well... making changes. What you're talking about is the precursor to a revert war.

Quote Originally Posted by Epicurus
    Someday I'll summon the mental energy to join wikipedia - but for now I'll stick to fixing your/you're and their/there/they're from time to time. Thanks for taking aggressive measures BlackMariah, the martial arts community owes you one.
    No problem. If you run across anything else like this just post it or shoot me a PM. I'm not about to go spouting retarded bullshit the way I do on here but if something is completely wrong or inappropriate (as was that whole board breaking bit) then I'll fix it.

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    10/10/2006 10:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by black mariah
    That's not how you make changes. You make changes by... well... making changes. What you're talking about is the precursor to a revert war.
    Well then take out the part about stirring **** up.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 1:13pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PM Samurai Steve if you have any Bullshido-related Wiki questions. He's the resident expert.