Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 4:13pm

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Zidane's was an interesting head to chest variation. The one time I actually headbutted someone was of the head to nose variety and worked quite well. Guess I'll have to find some other drunken redneck to try a Zidane on....
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 4:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My dog caught me with a headbutt today, and he's like 60 pounds and had about 3 inches of room to manuever. I wish I was wearing a mouth guard. I still kinda feel it. :sad4:

Point is, the butt is a formidable weapon which takes minimal skill.

Plus the psychological factor. Who expects a strike from the other guy's face? That's all like personal and instrusive. Makes me flinch just thinking about it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 5:27pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doesn't Burmese Boxing allow headbutts as well? Anybody know if/how they practice it and if they train it any more than skull+face=pain?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 5:57pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kein Haar
    My dog caught me with a headbutt today, and he's like 60 pounds and had about 3 inches of room to manuever. I wish I was wearing a mouth guard. I still kinda feel it. :sad4:

Point is, the butt is a formidable weapon which takes minimal skill.

Plus the psychological factor. Who expects a strike from the other guy's face? That's all like personal and instrusive. Makes me flinch just thinking about it.
    what was your face doing so close to your canine's?

wait.. i don't want to know.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 5:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was rough housing with him. Taught me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 6:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrera26
    Doesn't Burmese Boxing allow headbutts as well? Anybody know if/how they practice it and if they train it any more than skull+face=pain?
    Yes, for the record, Burmese Boxing does allow headbutts : (courtesy of wikipedia)

"If Thai Boxing is the science of 8 limbs, then Lethwei can be called the science of 9 limbs, due to the allowance of head butts."

A few searches turned up pretty much nothing on training methods that isnt related to soccer..im sure someone on this forum can find something if they want though.

meanwhile ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK6ZM...elated&search=

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    10/12/2006 6:35pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have boasted of this before but when I find an outlet that allows me to do it again I always do.

The last mano-a-mano stand up machismo fist fight I was in began with a headbutt. It was a public service beating that I feel quite righteous in administering. I won't bore with the details but when we stepped outside he started talking and I came right at him. He made a late attempt to punch but I was already there with a blocking arm and a full frontal headbutt. He was several inches taller than me so I ended up taking a chipped tooth home in my hairline. Very small laceration on my head, maybe 1cm long that bled like crazy. He, on the other hand, looked like he took a shotgun blast to the face. I managed to split his lip wide open, break his front tooth and bloody his nose.

At that point the fight was on. Until it was seperated.

The headbutt is the ultimate fight opener. When they are standing there talking **** you can just headbutt them right in the face. If you are going to fight - then STFU and fight. If not then just leave.

I don't really see any need to 'practice' it. It just comes naturally to me. Slam forehead into face. Repeat if possible and/or neccessary. Simple.

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    10/13/2006 3:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heheh... the Glaswegian kiss. One of the self defense moves my dad told me to use when I was a young'n... As well as some sort of attack that involves cupping the hands and slapping their ears hard. Almost sounds bullshido. Would that even do anything?
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    10/13/2006 8:34am

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosexmachina
    Heheh... the Glaswegian kiss. One of the self defense moves my dad told me to use when I was a young'n... As well as some sort of attack that involves cupping the hands and slapping their ears hard. Almost sounds bullshido. Would that even do anything?
    I've HEARD (not confirmed) that if you did it right, you would hurt someone by forcing air into their ear canal and not giving it a release.

Could be BS, tho.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/15/2006 11:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i have heard that also. perhaps it might deliver bit of shock and tingle, maybe some ringing.. but maybe not a recommended course of action in my opinion.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123