Sponsored Links Spacer Image

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    10/12/2006 7:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    maybe thats the problem. I train in south auckland which has one of the highest serious assault figures in the country... and if they reported gang violence im betting it would be a lot higher. we dont usually have trouble conditioning people to hit hard :D

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    10/12/2006 7:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's how I teach it: After learning proficiency in the basic techniques, I teach parrying, how to cover for hooks, check kicks, take bodyshots, and just have them wear gear and practice the defensive techniques until they can do them relatively well. Then I have them think about countering as I'm throwing at them, to think about crossing after they parry my jab, etc, and that keeps their eyes open and their minds off being hit, because they're in a more aggressive mindset of firing back at me. At the end phase, it looks like light sparring, the only difference being that each exchange is started by me, instead of me or him. In my experience, this is a great way to get people used to sparring and defending competently. And of course, once you do start sparring, make sure you keep the contact level low so they don't get gun-shy and throw all their techniques out the window.

P.S. AND AFTER WE FINISH, I HIT THEM AT THE BASE OF THEIR SKULL AS THEY WALK OUT THE DOOR, HAHA!
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    10/15/2006 6:17pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonBelmont
    Absolutely right here in the US we're not conditioned to hit people at all. We shoot them instead.

No joke; it's the truth! My first serious MA instructor grew up in the Bronx. He told me that back when he was young people fought in a lot of fistfights. Today, people are more likely to pull guns on each other. As a result, though, when they actually do get into fistfights and that sort of thing they suck a lot more than they did a generation or two ago.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123