Sponsored Links Spacer Image

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    11/06/2006 9:49am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Height is only an advantage if you have better striking skills. Tim's always looks sloppy to me. Monson will almost certainly get inside and should be able to take him down.

Monson FTW.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

BJJ Suckee

Posted On:
    11/06/2006 6:15pm

Style: Relson GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    Height is only an advantage if you have better striking skills. Tim's always looks sloppy to me. Monson will almost certainly get inside and should be able to take him down.

Monson FTW.
    Monson needs _ing _un.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2006 7:45pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley T
    I think tim sylvia's stand-up is extremely overrated, it's just his freakish reach against guys who are gunshy to commit that sylvia picks apart. I think a really aggressive wrestler who could pressure sylvia could really take him apart. I think if monson comes out and puts the pressure on, he can beat sylvia. I think if monson comes out gunshy, he'll get KOed.
    I often think it's a mistake for a grapppler to go in too aggressively in a fight like this. The last two Randy/Chuck fights, for example, Randy kept pressing the pace, coming forward, cutting off the ring, looking for a takedown but eventually walking into big hands. Both times, I thought he'd have been smarter to lay back a little, make Chuck press the pace and come toward him, then shoot off a miss.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/07/2006 1:36am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JUDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the problem with the chuck to tim anaolgy is they have different styles of striking, and different body types. Chuck is known for his counter punching and ability to drop bombs while walking backwards more or less, sylvia is not particularly known for that. While it could be a mistake for monson to pursue, it would not be the mistake bullrushing against chuck would be.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    11/07/2006 1:59am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think a really aggressive wrestler who could pressure sylvia could really take him apart. I think if monson comes out and puts the pressure on, he can beat sylvia. I think if monson comes out gunshy, he'll get KOed.
    Exactly.

perhaps monson should take a knee...
    LOL, Franklin-style!

Both times, I thought he'd have been smarter to lay back a little, make Chuck press the pace and come toward him, then shoot off a miss.
    That's fucking retarded. He lost because he tried to STRIKE WITH LIDDEL INSTEAD OF JUST SHOOTING...and because his shoot isn't good enough to just shoot.

What you're saying here is that if Randy did nothing, Chuck would do something...except, he wouldn't.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2006 4:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon

Monson FTW.

Not that I like Sylvia, but his boxing looked much sharper in his last fight with Arlovski than it's ever been. Not that he's a great kickboxer, but I don't think he was caught by any of Arlovski's overhand rights the last time, so he's not as sloppy as he's been in the past.

I never saw the Mir/Sylvia fight, but I know he got an armbar on Sylvia. I don't know how Mir got him on the ground or if it was a flying armbar but there WAS a significant height and reach disparity between those two as well; not the same as Monson/Sylvia, but still.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2006 12:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    That's fucking retarded. He lost because he tried to STRIKE WITH LIDDEL INSTEAD OF JUST SHOOTING...and because his shoot isn't good enough to just shoot.

What you're saying here is that if Randy did nothing, Chuck would do something...except, he wouldn't.
    Chuck--particularly in the second fight, with the belt around his waist--would have just stood there? I don't think so.

LOL at Randy can't shoot, retard.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    11/07/2006 9:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, have you not seen Chuck fight people who he didn't KO? He circles, and circles...and...circles.

Take Randy's Greco-Roman cock out of your mouth long enough to consider that he's A FUCKING G-R GUY, NOT A FREESTYLE WRESTLER AND DOES NOT HAVE THE BEST SHOOT IN THE GAME.

I didn't say he couldn't shoot, I said his shoot wasn't good enough to put Chuck on his back without striking on the way in.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2006 10:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Will you two stfu about this? Sometimes Chuck presses the action but most of the time he's a Venus Flytrap, case closed.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    11/08/2006 7:20am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sometimes Chuck presses the action...like when!? When hell freezes over? When pigs fly? When I lose my virginity??? WHEN!?!?!?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast