Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2006 1:53pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

A win...

Just got back from my fight. Pretty tired now, so this is brief.

This was my first fight in two years, back in Thailand.

First round started off fast. The guy threw a spinning elbow pretty early on. Anyone who has fought pro in Thailand knows the first round is slow and mostly for feeling out and to give the gamblers a chance to finish their beers. Not for this guy. The spinning elbow was the first of many more elbows to come. The elbow missed, and I ended up controlling the round, dumping him once in the clinch.

Second round starts, and he comes at me with some bombs. Again, I was caught off guard, because Thais don't usually try and box the foreigners. He popped me twice good. The second time, I was back in the third grade for a few seconds... After the fight I told my wife that he knocked the part of my memory out that reminded me that we were married. She didn't laugh.

He wobbled me with the second one, but didn't push enough to finish me, which I think he could have with a few leg kicks to set up the hands, which were heavy. I came back with a few good leg kicks, a decent body kick. He threw more heavy punches, and then elbows on the way to the clinch. He didn't control my arms enough, and I was able to pop him with two inside elbows. I wasn't sure how much damage I did until the ref split the clinch, and I saw him wincing in that eye. I threw two more head kicks in succession, and he dropped. TKO round 2.

This is how I recall it now. He probably actually did knock me out in the beginning of the second, and this is all just fantasy.

Unfortunately, bless my wife's heart, she only got two clips on her digital camera. One short one of my wai khru, and one after the win. She is the one yelling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDoXlOp4Sto
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK1rvHdqJI8
    Gonna hit the sack for some much needed rest.

Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!

Posted On:
    10/09/2006 2:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Bad KB, Worse MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congrats.

GG
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    10/09/2006 2:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    grats man, ive heard that the purse is bigger if you win with a spinning elbow in a lot of places- that true?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2006 3:02pm

Style: MuayThai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good job! Do you have any chance of getting more footage of the fight from elsewhere?

Where was your fight? Do you know who you were fighting?

('._.)

Posted On:
    10/09/2006 3:03pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice work. At what camp are you training in Thailand?

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    10/09/2006 3:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice stuff!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2006 12:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alex - The purses are set, though you may up your tip money with a nice spinning elbow, not to mention the promoter would probably like to see you back if you are an exciting fighter and may be willing to bump your next purse.

Khun Kao and Draven - I think someone might have been taping it with a real camera (not just my wife's quickshot), but I am not sure. The fight was in Chiang Mai and I fight out of Sit Tong Plee. It is a small camp, where I am the only falang. We are family. I gave my entire purse back to the camp (save a token hundred baht).

My opponent's name was Eso Sor Witakrai. I didn't know much about him, and he was hella wider then I was expecting with heavy hands for a Thai.

The next morning and I have a few aches and pains. It's always the next morning when you really feel the fight.

Thanks for the congrats!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2006 2:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Two pics. The shots are pretty blurry, but I actually like the effect in first pic.

Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!

Posted On:
    10/10/2006 9:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Bad KB, Worse MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Octavious,

Once again, congrats on your victory. When you have the time, do you think you could submit an overview of your camp for our Dojo Reviews? It would be nice to have some authentic camps in Thailand listed.

GG
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 1:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi GG,

Unfortunately, I don't think a review of my camp would be very helpful. I am the only foreigner that has ever trained there, and probably will forever be the only one (save for my wife). The camp is very small (there are only 4 fighters) and it is nearly an hour outside of Chiang Mai, in the sticks.

I have trained at a few other (bigger camps) in Thailand, but that information is quite dated.

Sorry I can't help more. I would be happy to answer any general questions about life as a fighter here though...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast