Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 3:33pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    Ya know...I read his post again not thinking that it's Plasma, and I suppose I would also shake my head if anyone else said that. But coming from Plasma for some reason it's comic gold!
    I am truely awesome. Its now been said. I now demand an "I am Awesome" Tag.

Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    Ya get used to him, and seeing him engage in serious discussions lets you realize he's capable of more than telling teenage girls how he wishes they and/or their loved ones were dead/sodomized/brutalized/psychologically tormented.

I engage in serious discussion?! I'll have to watch that.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    10/12/2006 2:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsufubu
    does the angry welshman wish to repsond?
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=45866 is the post I mentioned in my earlier post in this thread.
    He talks about "punking" a dojo. A McDojo... which turned out to be some kind of fledgling karate/wrestling/kickboxing hybrid run by a student of two VERY respected UK MAists.
    I'll summarise the thread for those too bored to read it:
    A-W "I'm punking a dojo, I am, see"
    Everyone "why?"
    A-W " 'cos I aren't training at the minute and I have nothing valid to add, so I thought I'd be a dick"
    Everyone "Hope you get beat up, moron"
    A-W "Oh, I've spoken to the guy, and I want to train there, but not get beat up, isn't it."
    Everyone "Yawn, we preferred it when we thought you were going to get beat up"

So, that was pretty much his last post, apart from a couple of excuses why he hadn't actually trained yet.

Serial McDojo accuser... no follow through or proof.
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 1:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Gung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    Use the search function, you are looking for someone that may not have posted here in years.

And you are an idiot, because now hundreds of people are going to do searches about your instructor and find every bit of crap we can.

For one thing, your club is called "Black Belt Academy" basicly that means it is a McDojo.
    Isn't using Cobra Kai as your logo is pretty idiotic?:jihad1:

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 2:08am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, resurrecting a thread for a feeble comeback that fails seems pretty idiotic.

--J.D.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/08/2007 7:52pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry for flogging the proverbial :deadhorse, but John Lynn has had a bad rep with a lot of the martial arts fraternity in the N. Wales area for quite a long time.

I've heard he is now retired to Florida or somesuch, no doubt on the proceeds of his chain of Kokoro Karate schools that were popping up like mushrooms all over the place in the 90's etc. At one point there were even brown belts sent out to sports centres to open classes when they themselves could barely do the techniques they were supposed to be teaching.

You can't fault the man's business acumen.

If people enjoy training Shukokai, or Krotty in any of its incarnations then leave them be. There are a few students and instructors that are very competent and can handle themselves quite well. Maybe not in UFC et al, but enough so that Johnny Mugger will think he has urgent business elsewhere rather quickly after his 2nd or 3rd roundhouse to the earhole.

The advertising is a sight to behold though. Some of John's senior students struck out on their own and we've seen it all in the local newspapers. From Kickfit to Black Belt Excellence and infinite variations thereof.

I personally think the all-time low coincided with the release of Stars Wars: The Phantom Menace, where N Wales martial artists where aassaulted with with adverts staring at them accusingly from newspapers and shop windows for.........wait for it...... free "Lightsabre" lessons for kids. Sans the blue screen effects, although I think parents could have had videos of their young jedis slaying imaginary Sith Lords arranged for an appropriate fee. I'm sure there was an Ulead VideoStudio 5th dan lurking about somewhere....

Suffice to say, if Cringing where an Olympic Sport, I'd have won Gold for Wales - no worries.

Old School DM

Posted On:
    6/08/2007 10:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, so if you resurrect a two year old thread you're a moronic noob necromancer. But what if you resurrect a year old thread that resurrects a two year old thread? What are you then? I can guess, but my mom won't let me say words like that.
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/09/2007 4:52am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As soon as I can find a thread relevant to martial arts in my own area of the World that DOESN'T need a crash cart to post in it, I'll be sure to agree with you.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456