Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2006 12:31pm

Style: Wrestling, Sub Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a joke, right? Either see a doctor or leave it alone and let it heal.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2006 12:31pm

Style: martial

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that is huge now, I cant even rest my pen in the crook of my ear without it falling or it stinging me. gonna see a doctor, screw the badge of honor. thats why they have medals and "competitor" tournament shirts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2006 1:30pm

Style: wu tang

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would avoid repeatedly poking holes in your ear to drain it, especially if you are still training, you might end up with a nasty infection. Rolling around on the mat with sweaty mfers is a great way to expose a cut to some bacteria.

I know a guy who wrestled for about 20 years, he said you can drain it with a hypodermic (get a friend who's an MD or RN to do it), then you want to put a dressing on it to keep pressure, so that it doesn't refill with liquid. If you don't put a pressure dressing on after draining, it will probably just swell back up. And make sure you clean it well before and after draining w/ alcohol or something.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/09/2006 1:37pm

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    another question to ask is "Why are you forcefully pulling your head out of a noob's headlock?"

VILLOGE IDIAT

Posted On:
    10/09/2006 1:43pm

Style: Looking Now

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mmacount123
    so my left ear is a freakin baloon now, thanks to those noobs that hold on to that headlock for dear life (even if it means totally giving up position and and getting side-controlled.)

I guess my ears have had it and my the little bubble has been growing larger and larger every time I grapple full-blast.

I have been sticking in some needles in there and draining it manually,and now its just bruised up and puffy, the first day i thought it was kinda cool, now its just annoying the crap outta me.

bought myself some earguards last week, that should help it out, but what to do about the lump that is already there?

I have heard crap from...
    -draining it (which has worked to an extent)
    -icing it
    -putting a piece of tape around it
    -going to sleep sitting up untill gravity drains it down
    -go to the damn doctor you fool.

anything else I can do to stop this crap? its just getting bigger and bigger at an incredible rate.

the girlfriend won't like this one bit. :besos:

My ex boy friend was a wrestler and currently a mixed martial art fighter he had a nasty case of cauliflower ears. They annoyed him so much that he ended up having surgery don't know if you are that bad but if they bother you enough there's always surgery.:eusa_clap

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2006 3:07pm

Style: Still searching...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickZ
    another question to ask is "Why are you forcefully pulling your head out of a noob's headlock?"
    I consider my self a bjj nub (3 months training to my name) and all I do when a noob puts me in a half assed headlock is crossface them and they quickly tap. I dont know if that is a reliable way out of a headlock but its easy thats for sure.

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    10/10/2006 3:23pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find driving the knuckles under the chin works good too.

I've been seriously thinking about wearing headgear, but my ego keeps me from doing so.

Office Drone

Posted On:
    10/10/2006 3:25pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Headgear sucks ass. **** how it looks: it gets in the goddamn way and always comes off.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    10/10/2006 4:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a long informative post including humerous anecdotes. Unfortunately I lost the post.
    So in short:

Just cut your ear off.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    10/10/2006 4:52pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Camus
    Headgear sucks ass. **** how it looks: it gets in the goddamn way and always comes off.
    I've got some of those Brute Shockwave ones from when I had to have my ear surgically drained. They've never come off or got in the way, the only problem is that you don't hear so good in them (my hearing is pretty **** anyway, so YMMV) and people occasionally miss your collar and grab you by their straps.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast