Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 8:33pm

Style: martial

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

cauliflowered ears, aint that a b****?

so my left ear is a freakin baloon now, thanks to those noobs that hold on to that headlock for dear life (even if it means totally giving up position and and getting side-controlled.)

I guess my ears have had it and my the little bubble has been growing larger and larger every time I grapple full-blast.

I have been sticking in some needles in there and draining it manually,and now its just bruised up and puffy, the first day i thought it was kinda cool, now its just annoying the crap outta me.

bought myself some earguards last week, that should help it out, but what to do about the lump that is already there?

I have heard crap from...
    -draining it (which has worked to an extent)
    -icing it
    -putting a piece of tape around it
    -going to sleep sitting up untill gravity drains it down
    -go to the damn doctor you fool.

anything else I can do to stop this crap? its just getting bigger and bigger at an incredible rate.

the girlfriend won't like this one bit. :besos:

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 9:09pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, how long have you been having that bubble?????

If you already drained, then it's just puffy because the carthilage got loose. I've seen that they tape it (don't know how they do it) so that the carthilage gets together they way is supposed to be (and get enough blood to heal.) If the carthilage remains loose, it will die and your ear will deform.

Just go see a doctor... just in case.:beatdead:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 10:16pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mmacount123
    so my left ear is a freakin baloon now, thanks to those noobs that hold on to that headlock for dear life (even if it means totally giving up position and and getting side-controlled.)

I guess my ears have had it and my the little bubble has been growing larger and larger every time I grapple full-blast.

I have been sticking in some needles in there and draining it manually,and now its just bruised up and puffy, the first day i thought it was kinda cool, now its just annoying the crap outta me.

bought myself some earguards last week, that should help it out, but what to do about the lump that is already there?

I have heard crap from...
    -draining it (which has worked to an extent)
    -icing it
    -putting a piece of tape around it
    -going to sleep sitting up untill gravity drains it down
    -go to the damn doctor you fool.

anything else I can do to stop this crap? its just getting bigger and bigger at an incredible rate.

the girlfriend won't like this one bit. :besos:
    WHAT??!! You can GET Cauliflower ears?? I though certain people were just born with them!! Sorry for my noobishness but I always wondered why all the coaches and almost all the advanced guys in my BJJ class had cauliflower ears LOL!!!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 10:36pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kracker
    WHAT??!! You can GET Cauliflower ears?? I though certain people were just born with them!! Sorry for my noobishness but I always wondered why all the coaches and almost all the advanced guys in my BJJ class had cauliflower ears LOL!!!
    Dude? you can't be serious...are you? You have BJJ in your field, meaning you roll frequently with resistance, and you honestly did not know that cauliflower ears can result from grappling?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 11:14pm

Style: martial

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it hurts like ****, I had a bubble that hardened, and other chambers are growing around it, I only take out the new ones, but I think I must have hit the first chamber while poking around, becuase now I have a dark purple bruise in the center of the warp, and it is very sore!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 11:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was coasting for the last year and a half. Things changed about two weeks ago however. The center of my right ear has been constantly sore and hard (although not very swollen), but it lacks any clear 'bubble'. I figure I'm fucked, but I"m not touching it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2006 12:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should be proud and wear that fuckin thing like the badge of honor that it is.

Translation:

Tu debe ser orgulloso y usa esa cosa del pinche como la divisa del honor que es.

Posted On:
    10/09/2006 1:05am

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See a sports doctor before you end up like Big Nog. It might be a badge of honor amongst grappler who know what it is, but normal people just end up thinking "wtf is that?!"

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    10/09/2006 1:55am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you think its a badge of honour your just a dumb fuckwit who is bringing LARPing to MMA. "Ohh now everyone will know I do teh gr@aqql3 and think Im d32dly!"

Go to a doctor, stop poking at it, your gonna get infected and be deformed if you do, and stop rolling for a week or two. I know its horrible but maybe during those two weeks you can weight lift or do lots of cardio or work on hitting things.

Also, after your done healing, wear quality ear gaurds.

Now be a good little guy and do it.

Posted On:
    10/09/2006 12:11pm

Style: Karate, Sadism, Violence.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't they have special ear guards for that sort of thing?
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast