I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 4:32am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Judo aliveness vs Street aliveness....

Gang loots, beats up judo players inside train.

Express News Service
    October 7, 2006

Lucknow, A group of over 20 miscreants reportedly looted and injured a team of eight judo players and their coach on board a Lucknow-Bareily passenger train in the outskirts of the city early this morning. They decamped with Rs 16,000 cash, three mobile phones, a digital camera and a bag. An FIR has been lodged against unidentified persons. The injured have been identified as Sharad Yadav — the coach, Suchitra, Bharti, Pankaj, Suraj, Shabana, Chandan Singh, Mahendra and Raj Kumar —all judo players. The team, all residents of Allahabad, were on their way to Lucknow.

According to reports, the group of miscreants boarded the train at Nighohan railway station at around 6.30 am. They reportedly started misbehaving and threatening the passengers as soon as the train pulled out of the station. They first entered into an argument with a female member of the judo team over a seat. When the rest of the judo players objected, the group reportedly beat them up with sticks and other weapons. The train passengers said the group also snatched their valuable.

Later, when the train halted at the Utratiya Railway Station on the outskirts of Lucknow, the miscreants jumped out and escaped. The passengers lodged an FIR with the Government Railway Police on reaching the Charbagh railway station. “A hunt has been launched to trace the accused,” said GRP (SSI) Prem Singh Rekhwar.

http://cities.expressindia.com/fulls...?newsid=204293

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 6:48am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh man those crazy people in other countries...i hear they put tofu on pizza, guys.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 7:48am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    tofu???? I thought they put curry and cinnamon on pizza, I dunno.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 3:16pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungfoolss
    Gang loots, beats up judo players inside train.

Express News Service
    October 7, 2006

Lucknow, A group of over 20 miscreants reportedly looted and injured a team of eight judo players and their coach on board a Lucknow-Bareily passenger train in the outskirts of the city early this morning. They decamped with Rs 16,000 cash, three mobile phones, a digital camera and a bag. An FIR has been lodged against unidentified persons. The injured have been identified as Sharad Yadav — the coach, Suchitra, Bharti, Pankaj, Suraj, Shabana, Chandan Singh, Mahendra and Raj Kumar —all judo players. The team, all residents of Allahabad, were on their way to Lucknow.

According to reports, the group of miscreants boarded the train at Nighohan railway station at around 6.30 am. They reportedly started misbehaving and threatening the passengers as soon as the train pulled out of the station. They first entered into an argument with a female member of the judo team over a seat. When the rest of the judo players objected, the group reportedly beat them up with sticks and other weapons. The train passengers said the group also snatched their valuable.

Later, when the train halted at the Utratiya Railway Station on the outskirts of Lucknow, the miscreants jumped out and escaped. The passengers lodged an FIR with the Government Railway Police on reaching the Charbagh railway station. “A hunt has been launched to trace the accused,” said GRP (SSI) Prem Singh Rekhwar.

http://cities.expressindia.com/fulls...?newsid=204293
    This should work on their guard. If they did it would of been a BJJ wins again thread.

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 3:32pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    20 armed v. 8 unarmed people. How is this a comment on the effectiveness of judo?

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 4:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those poor Judoka. Those guys were probably wearing tshirts/vests/topless, making them invunerable to Judo techniques. :biggrin:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 10:18pm

Style: Boxing, Judo, BJJ, M.T.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by odacon
    Those poor Judoka. Those guys were probably wearing tshirts/vests/topless, making them invunerable to Judo techniques. :biggrin:
    Tenebrous, I don't think anyone's being serious about these comments. In addition to that, the news article states, "They first entered into an argument with a female member of the judo team over a seat." It says "a female member", which means there could be more females. So 20 armed men vs. a few (7 or less) unarmed men. As stated numerous times on this board in other threads, multiple attackers w/ bad intentions = problems.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2006 3:02am

Style: Jabs & Cross Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am soooooo not taking judo anymore... aikido FTW!

GMW.

Posted On:
    10/09/2006 3:58am

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by odacon

hmmmm....I wonder if the female member was wearing topless?
    Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your signatures.