Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/06/2006 11:30am

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Japan Junkie
    Some people have major problems. Some woman I know had a broken nose, left it without getting it fixed, and realized years later her sinuses were giving her problems, she couldn't breathe right, and everything inside healed back improperly, so they had to fix a bunch of stuff. That's what happens when you wait; a whole slew of breathing problems and cartilage buildup can happen too. .

Yup, that's what happened with mine.
    Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your signatures.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/06/2006 5:49pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love broken noses.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/15/2006 9:53am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yup, I had mine broken twice, both in bout.. I didn't pay too much attenyion until I stated having snoring/breatin problems, then I took the plunge and got it reset by a surgeon...

Let me say one thing, getting those packing wads pullled out afterwardwards btings a tear to the eye..

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    11/15/2006 11:34pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait a minute... you do wing chun... how do you get a broken nose? What "bouts"?

Tell me more!!!
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2006 1:15am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got my nose broken the first time I sparred with my TKD instructor after coming back from Japan. He said "welcome home." I straightened it on the spot, and it was fine. Hurt like hell for a few days, especially since I would forget that it had happened, and go to blow my nose or something.

One of my tkd teachers kept getting his nose broken on and off. The last time it happened, I guess the docs told him that if it happened again, they might not really be able to put it back together. He does aikido now.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/16/2006 3:02am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yes, the guy who flamed me for my choice of martial arts in that other thread (which will remain unmentioned)

Yes we often spar full-contact, without gloves. Accidents do happen.

As for official bouts, the last one we were allowed to enter (about 10 years ago), we had a relatively junior student (around a year of training) get himself into the final bout. It was against a TKD practioner. The TKD guy turned to perform osme kind of roundhouse kick as his opening, and our guy simply stepped inside, hammered him with about 3 punches, and the TKD guy was knocked out cold. (In record time, it was less than 3 seconds)

Hence no more tounaments for us (though we are still petitioning for acceptance.)

Look man, sorry if you're so anti -ing -hun, but I've seen it work (and used it) in real fights many times. Each to their own. I have respect for the Gracies, I try to remain open minded to all styles that may better round out my abilities. I'm sorry that you haven't seen WC in action in a real bout (although it's normally over very fast)..

Peace dude, I'm here to learn, not to get flamed
    Last edited by elcrisp; 11/16/2006 3:04am at .

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    11/16/2006 5:17am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *puts out virtual fist for some dap action*

Hit me homey.
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2006 2:17pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elcrisp
    In record time, it was less than 3 seconds.

I think I heard about this fight. Chong Li was pissed that his record was broken, right?

Posted On:
    11/20/2006 5:25am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ....and then he went for his infamous 27 hit combo....The most feared man on the streets of......ZZZZZZZZZZ
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234