225015 Bullies, 3686 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 4:10am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Just broke my nose.

Ouch.

I got a full on, full power accidental elbow directly into the side of my nose in BJJ sparring today.

MY nose looked like this:

>

Yowzer.

Lots and lots of blood. Went to hospita. He shoved about 13 metres of guaze up my nose and sprayed some drugs in there.

Then I sat down until my face was all numb. Then he lay me down, took the gauze out, and cracked my nose into place again. That took about 5 minutes of agonizing crunching and snapping and twisting.

Now I'm at home and it hurts more than it did all day. And I've got another 13 metres of gauze up my nose. Feels like that scene in Total Recall where Arnie pulls the giant tracking device out of his nostrils.

Can anyone who has broken their nose before console me please?

Hurts doesn't it?

Also, there is a very small amount of clear liquid coming out of my nose... only a little. Kind of like boogers, actually. I read that it is dangerous if it streams out without stopping. This is just very occasionally dribbling. Do you think that is okay, oh Bullshido certified doctoroligosts?

Ouch.
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 6:02am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry to hear that. never had mine broken, just some long nose bleeds. How is this going to affect your training? Are you going to have to take some time off?

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 8:40am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wedge pillows at your side when you sleep, so you don't roll over onto it at night. That hurts. Carry around a handkerchief for the little dribbles, it happens, just try not to wipe the nose directly as that can hurt if you bump it wrong. Nothing bad, just really gross. Sneezing is going to really hurt if you have to do it too. Motrin is your new friend. Women definitely won't be calling until it's healed. All I can think to say.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 10:16am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to the club!!! I've had mine broken 6 times. Of course that just means that I need to learn to duck more! The worst part is the black eyes you'll have for a few days.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 12:49pm

Style: kickboxing, judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i had my nose broken during my first full contact kickboxing sparring (yeah sparring ... stupid me ducked right into an uppercut), but sorry - can't feel your pain :P

it got all couloured, swollen and was shifted to the right, but no real pain, i guess adrenaline helped a lot.
    got some ice from mcdonalds to cool ... then went to doctor
    the doctor gave me some kind of spray so i wouldnt feel much, it seemed to work pretty good ... moving it back into place was unpleasant, but no pain at all :-)

game dog

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 2:20pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by supercrap
    Can anyone who has broken their nose before console me please?
    Poor you... awwww...

Hurts doesn't it?
    Yes. Actually, having it forced back into place was one of the most unpleasant sensations I've ever had.

Also, there is a very small amount of clear liquid coming out of my nose... only a little.
    As far as I know, that's normal. For me, it stopped after two days or so.
    There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. (Strategy game truism)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 4:59pm

Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Clear liquid coming out of your nose or ears is only to worry about in case of major trauma (car accident or such), as it could be Cererebrospinal fluid, meaning fracture of the base of the skull. It would look more like water and less like buggers though, also you'd have both eyes black (even w/o eye trauma) and feel a hell of a lot crappier. So don't worry, so far your description looks like garden-variety (pretty nasty though) nasal trauma.

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 8:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome, thanks for the replies. I feel better now.

Had an absolute hell of a night last night, got about 2 hours sleep. The gauze the doctor stuffed up my nose really feels like a golf ball got stuck up there.

Tomorrow I'm hoping they will pull the gauze out and I can breathe again.

Thanks for the tips!
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 8:38pm

Style: martial

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nothing happened without pics/video.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 9:05pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How many times do I have to tell you people?

When you break your nose, you need to have someone who knows what they are doing set it right there. If you wait for the hospital, it will have started to to swell and you will never get it straight again.

I am the lord of broken noses, and I still have a straight schnozz because I've always had someone there to straighten it out right away. When Japan Junkie got his honker bashed at the Atlanta Mega, Omega straightened it out right away, saving him an ugly kink in the beak. It's not hard align your index fingers along either side and sqeeze hard until it is straight.

No sweat!
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast