Page 1 of 2 12 Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Greetings. House M.D. hates bullshido as much as the rest of us

Greetings.

British actor/writer/all-around cool guy Hugh Laurie has the following quote listed on pretty much every online bio you can find for him:

I grew up with an impatience with the anti-scientific. So I'm a bit miffed with our current love affair with all things Eastern. If I sneeze on the set, 40 people hand me echinacea. But I'd no sooner take that than eat a pencil. Maybe that's why I took up boxing. It's my response to men in white pajamas feeling each other's chi

Anyway, I can't for the life of me find out where or when he said this. I don't suppose anyone here knows, but either way it's awesome that there are at least some celebrities that aren't totally sucked into mystical bullshit and are willing to call other people on it.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excellent.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yet another reason to support House.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He doesn't look the boxer type.He seems to play the old and worn-out very well indeed.

Do you think there's any pictures of him training?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Greetings.

Haven't seen any pictures. Guessing he took it up somewhat recently based on this:

On picking up his new hobby:Boxing is fascinating. It's good for the soul to be made to feel clumsy. I swank around during the week thinking I'm a big cheese, but you don't feel like that when you're in the ring with a chap who knows what he's doing. It's ritual humiliation. I'm going to be slugged about and probably killed, but I love it and have to do something to keep fit.

Don't really know when that was said though. Could've been his new hobby 3 weeks ago or 3 years ago for all I know.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knave
    Greetings.

British actor/writer/all-around cool guy Hugh Laurie has the following quote listed on pretty much every online bio you can find for him:

I grew up with an impatience with the anti-scientific. So I'm a bit miffed with our current love affair with all things Eastern. If I sneeze on the set, 40 people hand me echinacea. But I'd no sooner take that than eat a pencil. Maybe that's why I took up boxing. It's my response to men in white pajamas feeling each other's chi

Anyway, I can't for the life of me find out where or when he said this. I don't suppose anyone here knows, but either way it's awesome that there are at least some celebrities that aren't totally sucked into mystical bullshit and are willing to call other people on it.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    He doesn't look the boxer type.He seems to play the old and worn-out very well indeed.

Do you think there's any pictures of him training?
    He could have boxed as a spritely lad in merry olde england

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly. hall of famestaff
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Liam Niessen boxed, it's why his nose is such a flat fugly mess.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style! staff
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Mav...got bored so I modified your medal because I think that's a great idea!
    Last edited by Wolf; 10/07/2006 5:39pm at .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That medal owns. We needed that.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last