228073 Bullies, 4614 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    10/05/2006 10:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    wtf? You're a guy. Guys losing weight is so fucking easy. I hear guys talking about cutting 10lbs in a matter of a couple hours, whereas Kat spent a good 5 hours in the sauna, with a plastic suit, and lost all of 3 or 4lbs.

Anyway, good luck getting someone to show up next time :)
    I can skip breakfast and lose about four pounds.

I bet you hate me.

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    10/05/2006 10:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I typically cut weight by cutting off all starches in my diet about two weeks beforehand (no breads, pastas, potatoes, any of that ****) and toss in a couple extra sessions of sprints. I try not to eat anything before the weigh-in, if it's a night weigh-in I typically live on Boost until then and try not to drink too much excess water. I dropped about eight pounds in a week this way.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    10/05/2006 10:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingPower
    I can skip breakfast and lose about four pounds.

I bet you hate me.
    I have yet to ever have to cut weight
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2006 11:28pm

Style: Wrestling, Sub Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Weight cutting respects weight cutting. It's an art really.

Never spit in a cup, never did the sauna, never wore plastic suits. When I really screwed up, I wore a couple of layers of sweats, and when I started to get lazy Iíd sweat off the last pound or so in a hot tub. Some of my favorite things to do to pass the time were watch the food channel and go bat-**** insane. I have some good stories about that if youíre interested.

Here are some rules I lived by: Throughout the week eat less solids and drink more liquids since water is easier to lose than food. The night before weigh ins 8oz of steak is worth way more than 8oz of water. Know how much weight to could lose in a given time, on a given machine, with a given amount of clothes on. Learn the easiest way to lose 1 pound. Know exactly how much you can drift overnight. A few workouts a day are easier than one huge one. Pedialyte rehydrates better than Gatorade, and if you pour it over ice it doesnít taste so bad.

The last good weight cutting plan was a week long one. Saturday was my last weigh in. Sunday was eat well, but not pig out. You can never really pig out when youíre cutting weight. Monday Iíd come in ten or more pounds over. No big deal since most of that was food from the weekend working itís way through. Monday through Thursday was pretty much the same. Breakfast would be a slice or two of bread to get the metabolism started. Before lunch I did 35 minutes of cardio, stair stepper on level 20. I did 35 minutes instead of 30 because my drill partner told me that 35-45 minutes raised your metabolism for the next six hours or so. I donít know if thatís true. Lunch would be one of two things. 1) a six inch turkey sub, on wheat bread, no toppings or sauce, Sunchips or Baked Lays, and a large closest thing to water at the soda fountain. 2) A salad with a ton of lettuce, maybe a little meat in it. Around 4:30 weíd have practice and Iíd sweat of anywhere from five pounds on most days to my record of ten. Immediately after practice was dinner. Dinner went like this: As much water as I want, followed by as much vegetables as I want. If there was any room left it went to meat and other things. As the week went on Iíd drink more water and eat less solids. Friday Iíd wake up and check my weight. Iíd usually work out three times, and try to drift on the bus. My goal before going to sleep was to be 1 pound over my weight. When I woke up on Saturday Iíd check my weight again just in case I didnít drift the full pound so I still had some time to run or bike before weigh ins. After weigh ins, rehydrate with pedialyte and eat a little bit before wrestling started. To put that strategy in a little context, the summer before the season started I was about 220, and I wrestled at 184.

Thatís all I can remember right now. Iím going to the 24 hour gym.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    10/05/2006 11:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well i have my most over the top bright flame pattern hawaiian shirt, novelty basketball shoes with flames on the side, and some seriously pimping music selected (anyone from NZ- supergroove for the win)

although i did just find an m&m rolling around on my desk and ate it without a second thought :(

Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!

Posted On:
    10/06/2006 12:43am

supporting member
     Style: Bad KB, Worse MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alex...you are a fatty.

Seriously though...this weight thing scares the crap out of me. I'm like, what if I weight 215 on my scale but their scale sucks and I'm like 218? The weigh ins are the night before the fight and I'd like to be back up to 220-225 by fight time.

I'm more worried about the damn scale than someone damaging my model-esque looks.

GG
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    10/06/2006 2:12am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i dont know why i get nervous at these weigh ins, its weird. even when its one of our guys weighing in and just the moral support i feel nervous. For an amateur fight though I wouldnt sweat it especially at a high weight level, 2-3 pounds won't mean **** unless the promoter or the other guys coach is a real prick.

I saw the guy i was fighting, dude looked about 6 inches shorter than me. typical looking guy from Ray Sefos gym, maori kid from fuckin henderson who spends more on hair products in a week than i spend on food. guy jumped on the scale without taking his jumper or shoes off and weighed 59kg, i stripped to my boxers to get 60kg. then he fucked off again straight away which is pretty typical of guys from Sefos gym, don't feel they have to mingle cos they can name drop Sefo (doesnt help the assholes to win any fights though)

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    10/06/2006 6:54am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Christ you guys go through hell. Thank gods I'm a heavy.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/06/2006 9:44am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I already lost two pounds reading this thread. Funny thing this was the same conversation I heard at BJJ last night. People really go through **** and drama to make weight, Jesus.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    10/06/2006 4:01pm

Style: Karate, Sadism, Violence.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alex:

For the longest time, I though you were just a skinny kid playing internet/bullshido toughguy that said the word '****' way too much.

Best wishes on your fight. Beat his punk ass down.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast