Posted On:
    10/05/2006 7:02pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    :beatdead: :beatdead: :beatdead: :beatdead: :beatdead:

It's the infection risk of reopening a wound. The GP probably didn't want to take it because it's not his speciality to get a clean heal without deforming the lobe. Hence, the referral.
    That is EXACTLY what she said. Is your name Dr. Folz?

No kidding, thats what they told us.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/05/2006 7:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, Kenjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have two earrings in one ear, a couple of gold hoops. I've had these piercings for about 20 years. They're no big deal. Just take your earings out when you're training, and then put them back in once you're finished.

There's been times when I've forgotten, or been to lazy, to take them out. But 14K gold hoops are no big deal, they'll simply pull out and you'll lose them. However studs are different, the posts and the rear clasps will tear up the back of your ears, if they're hit. And any hoops made out of anything stronger than 14K gold, like surgical steel, or 10K gold, won't bend and release, and will also rip your ears if they're pulled out. But 14K hoops are pretty soft.

And this "don't remove the studs for 6 weeks" advice is a little over the top. Your piercings aren't going to close up on you, not in a couple of hrs.

And for the record, I had mine done by an old girlfriend with a sewing needle and a piece of ice, not a so called "Piercing Professional."

Good luck!

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    10/05/2006 7:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the info :)
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

AK: Giving new meaning to the word "Unfair."

Posted On:
    10/05/2006 7:34pm

Style: Out-Of-Shape MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Thanks for the info :)
    Guys on my basketball team used to put some sort of soft plug-like thing in their ear, you should look into that.

And your sig went away. I'm very upset.:5nuclear: I worked on those for AT LEAST 10 minutes!

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    10/05/2006 7:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by airman kai
    Guys on my basketball team used to put some sort of soft plug-like thing in their ear, you should look into that.

And your sig went away. I'm very upset.:5nuclear: I worked on those for AT LEAST 10 minutes!
    I still use the .gifs on K-1fans.com where everyone has gifs galore in their sigs ;)
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2006 9:10pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to have earings in both ears. I took them out when I started BJJ although I do know someone who keeps his on while rolling. He wears headgear though. I didn't take out my tongue piercing though. Went through too much pain to remove that one. Seeing the nature of your relationship, I might suggest you two get a tongue piercing if you really want to be pierced.

Posted On:
    10/05/2006 10:37pm

Style: Silat, New to Hsing- Yi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As for earing closing up... I had one close up after taking it out for two hours so I would say it depends on the indvidual

However there are these little plastic inserts they have for people who have nose rings or guys that can't wear earings at work that'll keep the holes open.
    "Its not important to be strong, its just important not to be weak."

Sardonic or Sarcastic?

Posted On:
    10/06/2006 11:48am

supporting member
     Style: Filipino Kun Tao, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    Sounds like a winner to me.

At my old high school they didnt let guys have peirced ears and I remember all the guys would thread like fishing line through the holes while at school to keep new ones from healing up.

Is that what you did or did you use a specific type of plastic tubing?
    I used small gage instrumentation tubing. It's the sort of thing that you have readily available on a submarine. You might find some at Grainger or a medical supply shop.

I'd tape it over with medical tape if you're going to roll.

One other thing - you want the tubing to be just rigid enough that it chases through the hole without much force, but flexible enough to bend a little if you take a shot to the head.
    Last edited by Honey Badger; 10/06/2006 11:57am at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    I would so do Buttsecks.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/06/2006 12:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My advice - Pull the fuckers out right now and throw them in the trash.

Is it possible to protect them so that you can train? Yes. But it's going to be a huge pain in the ass, and it won't be worth the trouble. Even when they heal, they're just going to be a hassle. You're going to get out on the mat and start training and realize you forgot to take your earrings out and you'll have to stop what you're doing.

Soon, the novelty of having earrings will wear off, you'll get tired of fucking with them, and you'll throw them away. May as well do it now.

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    10/06/2006 1:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    athletic tape works just fine, a couple of girls on the judo club used to do this and light randori did not seem to be an issue
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast