Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    10/04/2006 3:47pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL, I love how people come on here looking for advice when their initial post usually has enough info in it for them.

"who claims to be a 9th degree black belt in TKD"

- well if you feel that he isn't actually a true 9th then you should leave.

"and had little interest outside of doing something with my gf"

- That and they took the 'tantric' pattern out of circulation

"when he was supposedly 4th dan."

- again, if you doubt his rank already what more information do you want?

Listen, collectively you'd be hard pressed to find a group more rabid about finding MA BS artists but we will not go after someone unjustified. If you have a legitimate concern with this guy start with the BBB locally and go from there.

As for teaching from the standard book, well I'd be willing to be most 1st graders are taught similar info, doesn't minimize the school system does it?

I think some more information might be warranted.

TKD

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2006 3:50pm

Style: Jiu-Jitsu, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny3443
    Do you know if they are part of any org like ATA (American TKD association) or WTF (world TKD federation)? I hear these two encourage their schools to grab as much money as possible without any regard for the students. -john
    Nope - from my understanding he left the TKD organizations and was running solo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2006 4:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    LOL, I love how people come on here looking for advice when their initial post usually has enough info in it for them.

"who claims to be a 9th degree black belt in TKD"

- well if you feel that he isn't actually a true 9th then you should leave.

"when he was supposedly 4th dan."

- again, if you doubt his rank already what more information do you want?

Listen, collectively you'd be hard pressed to find a group more rabid about finding MA BS artists but we will not go after someone unjustified. If you have a legitimate concern with this guy start with the BBB locally and go from there.

Well first of all the guy was like 65 or something so I wasn't gonna ask him to show me how good he was on the mat, besides, that's a little disrespectful (I respected the guy when I started). The only reasons I put in the 'supposedly' and 'apparently' words is because of the lack of trust I had in him based upon the charging and belt testing. I have no proof otherwise appart from just distrusting the guy in general.

That's actually why I posted - seeing if anyone else knows about him, cause I can't find anything to prove OR disprove.

"and had little interest outside of doing something with my gf"

- That and they took the 'tantric' pattern out of circulation
    LOL - sorry that might have been my bad grammer there..... *I* had little interest in TKD outside of training with my g/f

As for teaching from the standard book, well I'd be willing to be most 1st graders are taught similar info, doesn't minimize the school system does it?

I think some more information might be warranted.

TKD
    I just found it amusing that we were shown a pattern that someone posted here in jest (at least how I took it). I understand that most schools for a specific art will have standardized training - that just makes sense.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2006 4:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    Where did you hear that?
    Omega posted in “Why your MA sucks”:

Taekwondo: You're represented by the biggest morons out there WTF and ATA. These organizations are out for your money, boosting their prestige, and brain washing you into believing that there is a purpose to what they are doing. All the while, WTF specifically, handing you this crock of **** on how long taekwondo has been in existence. Because of their prejudice outlook toward the karate/Japanese culture in which it originated from they've developed a sport based on a game played over 1000 years ago and make people think they're actually learning how to defend themselves. They refuse to look toward proper training for fighting effectively taking them out of the true realm of martial arts. Now there are some fairly solid TKD organizations out there but they're not represented by the vast majority thus undermining any attempt at validating their system.
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31384

…and as well as in many other posts on this board, I hear the same thing, that the ATA & WTF are interested in money above all else. I will say that I have no personal experience with ether, and that it is quite possible that there are good schools within these orgs. -john

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2006 4:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahahah - glad you linked to that John - damn funny post by Omega :)

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    10/04/2006 4:32pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny3443
    Omega posted in “Why your MA sucks”:

Taekwondo: You're represented by the biggest morons out there WTF and ATA. These organizations are out for your money, boosting their prestige, and brain washing you into believing that there is a purpose to what they are doing. All the while, WTF specifically, handing you this crock of **** on how long taekwondo has been in existence. Because of their prejudice outlook toward the karate/Japanese culture in which it originated from they've developed a sport based on a game played over 1000 years ago and make people think they're actually learning how to defend themselves. They refuse to look toward proper training for fighting effectively taking them out of the true realm of martial arts. Now there are some fairly solid TKD organizations out there but they're not represented by the vast majority thus undermining any attempt at validating their system.
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31384

…and as well as in many other posts on this board, I hear the same thing, that the ATA & WTF are interested in money above all else. I will say that I have no personal experience with ether, and that it is quite possible that there are good schools within these orgs. -john
    Say this with me.....SARCASM......

and quit kissing Omega's ass....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2006 4:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    Say this with me.....SARCASM......

and quit kissing Omega's ass....
    I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t know much, and that I’m still a n00b. I’ll do a bit more research –fu to back up my claims in the future. -john

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    10/04/2006 5:03pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    N00bs and idiots everywhere...

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    10/04/2006 5:16pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah one time I almost bought this vintage Ferrari but since it was pretty old I decided not to start it up or take it for a drive as that might be disrespectful.....

Dude, ask him! Most old Korean dudes I know will be more than happy to regale you with stories of old accomplishments. Most people who've been stomping around TKD as long as this guy must have are probably a wealth of information (again, providing they're legit). Since you haven't really provided any proof that this guy is a BS artist, other than an accounting error, I see no reason to humour you any more.

My suggestion, go ask him. If you walk into a TKD school and learn 4 directional punch and then Chongi, odds are that's how they start white belts. If, on the other hand you are asked to wash the instructor's feet and help build his house, you're either in a rerun of the Kroty Kid or in a shitty McDojo.

TKD

Genius

Posted On:
    10/04/2006 5:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everyone here wins a free xbox from me!! Just send me $500 for shipping and handling and I'll get your xbox out to you right away.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast