Sponsored Links Spacer Image

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    10/06/2006 9:55am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, there are several things you Canuck jerks can import that we can't, most notably some really interesting U.S. military surplus that was manufactured in the U.S. by the U.S. government at the old Springfield Armory, was later sent to foreign governments, and is now too deadly to be re-imported.

The fun thing about that size requirement, if I'm thinking of the right law, is that it's only one factor. They assign points to various "sporting features" and a weapon has to score X number of points to be importable. Other factors are metal frames that won't melt below a given temperature (to keep out cast-zinc cheapos because we wouldn't want poor people to have firearms) and adjustable sights (as opposed to fixed sights--again, only cheap pieces of junk have fixed sights, right?)

The public is largely unaware that GLOCK pistols as they're sold in the U.S. are illegal to import into the U.S. They have plastic frames that won't meet the melt test, they have no manual safety device, and several are not long enough. GLOCK gets around this by shipping the pistols with cheap, crappy soft plastic adjustable sights. In their U.S. headquarters in Georgia, GLOCK workers remove these sights and install the sturdy fixed sights that are actually sold on GLOCK pistols. I've been told that the same batch of these cheapo adjustable sights are continually recycled, being shipped to the U.S. on handguns and then thrown into shipping boxes to be shipped back to Austria for use on the next shipment. I don't know if that's true or not, but it could happen. Probably depends on what it costs to get the adjustable sights as compared to the cost of shipping them all over.

Posted On:
    10/06/2006 11:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    No, there are several things you Canuck jerks can import that we can't, most notably some really interesting U.S. military surplus that was manufactured in the U.S. by the U.S. government at the old Springfield Armory, was later sent to foreign governments, and is now too deadly to be re-imported.
    Sorry Don, but that put a smile on my face.

Hate to rub it in, but would you mind giving me some examples?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12