Genius

Posted On:
    10/06/2006 11:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Granted
    You just don't need to squat 450 pounds to run a nuclear reactor, chip a deck, clean a CHT tank (don't ask), or load torpedoes. You're already over-qualified. Spend time on your brains & attitude. Graduating first in boot camp is important for about five minutes.
    is this a nuke posting?

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    10/07/2006 5:55am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A sense of humor is probably the most important. If you're deranged enough to find the hilarity in some of the stupid things they make you do, you're just the type they're looking for.

Posted On:
    10/07/2006 12:58pm

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingPower
    A sense of humor is probably the most important. If you're deranged enough to find the hilarity in some of the stupid things they make you do, you're just the type they're looking for.
    Which could really apply to any service.
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 7:31am

Style: common sense

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm over here in Yokosuka on the Kitty Hawk (not at the moment though) and people are telling you the truth when they say that you shouldn't worry about the physical side of things, you've got that part covered. All they do for navy boot camp is stress attention to detail and teamwork. You will learn how to fold clothes and march and do lots of stupid pointless **** and maybe break a sweat a couple times.

When I went in I expected it to be very physical, like Marine training, but it was a joke instead. Don't worry about it so much, the only thing that you get from being top of your division is a pay grade advancement. That is a big deal, but going as an MA, you might be able to get E-3 in your contract. If not, just be the guy that does the laundry cause he's got an easy job and he gets an automatic advancement.

And it's also true that noone gives a **** what you did in boot camp. It's cake man, just an inconvienence is all.

Posted On:
    10/28/2006 10:01pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goju Ryo karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol sounds like your going to join the Navy Seals

Ops someone already mentioned the marines >.<
    Last edited by Fight4life; 10/28/2006 10:04pm at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/28/2006 11:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Tae-Ninjitsu Mu Sool

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    navy PT is a joke u only got the pt test twice a year

the push ups an sit ups.....well u partner up with a buddy an say u did like 35 sit ups.....when the grader comes to u....your buddy will say u did 85 sit ups...your on your own for the run though.....but its only a mile an a half

if u cant pass the run.....i dunno what to tell ya

what dude said earlier yeah....boot camp is a joke....especially today....its soft....u get
    to wear nice comfy tennis shoes most of the time

u dont do as much marching cause your dorm (ship) an class rooms are in the same building
    if someone fuks up an pisses off the RDC your gonna actually have fun getting "cycled"

when i was in navy boot camp......i couldnt stop laughin...even when they dropped me an cycled me.....they jus couldnt get that grin off my face. fun times

Posted On:
    10/29/2006 12:12am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Jackson
    LONG ASS POST
    In all seriousness . . . you're already in way better shape than most of your fellow "boot camp" mates are going to be.

Seriously, don't worry about it. If you sit around on your ass drinking beer for 4 months before shipping off to boot camp, you'll still be in better shape than 95% of people in the Navy.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2006 3:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When you get to your boat you should brag to your Chief and LPO how your bootcamp division got captains cup and you were meritoriously advanced to E3 for being a good ARPOC.

You'll be tortured for months. Just say **** off when someone sends you for an HT punch.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2006 2:18pm

Style: Fitness-Fu and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey bud,

Current active duty Chief Petty Officer here......

Don't sweat the P.T, like it's been said before - you more than have that covered. Basic will be team work, attention to detail, academics, and adapting you to NAVY life.
    Like all of the armed forces basic training, they will break you down and build you back up.
    You'll start off as a Recruit, go through In processing ('P' days), form Companies, get assigned barracks, and so on.
    Once you have passed what is called "Battle Stations", you'll be referred to as Sailor. Battle Stations is 24 hours of drills and team work building exercises while being grilled on what you have learned thus far. Modeled after the Crucible.
    After that is more academics and graduation providing you haven't rolled back.
    Here's a hint for ya, the Navy is cracking down on PT standards; so once basic is over don't let yourself slide. You could be seperated.
    Anyway the nail that sticks out begs to be hammered down. Keep your mouth shut, ears open and freaking listen to your Chief.
    If ya have questions pm me.

Good luck and hope to hear from ya.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/02/2006 2:36pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AMF
    Hey bud,

Current active duty Chief Petty Officer here......

Don't sweat the P.T, like it's been said before - you more than have that covered. Basic will be team work, attention to detail, academics, and adapting you to NAVY life.
    Like all of the armed forces basic training, they will break you down and build you back up.
    You'll start off as a Recruit, go through In processing ('P' days), form Companies, get assigned barracks, and so on.
    Once you have passed what is called "Battle Stations", you'll be referred to as Sailor. Battle Stations is 24 hours of drills and team work building exercises while being grilled on what you have learned thus far. Modeled after the Crucible.
    After that is more academics and graduation providing you haven't rolled back.
    Here's a hint for ya, the Navy is cracking down on PT standards; so once basic is over don't let yourself slide. You could be seperated.
    Anyway the nail that sticks out begs to be hammered down. Keep your mouth shut, ears open and freaking listen to your Chief.
    If ya have questions pm me.

Good luck and hope to hear from ya.
    No disrespect Chief about the smoking and walking part. :)

I'm glad to hear the Navy isn't gundecking PT anymore.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast