224671 Bullies, 3576 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/04/2006 3:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo

However, I knew one guy who was a naval cadet. Watched him climb a 32-foot rope ladder without using his legs. Still trying to get to that level of fitness.

Yeah, but I'd bet my left nut he didn't get in that shape from his naval training. I think Anthony's description of walking and smoking is more typical Navy PT. There you have it, ladies and gentlemen - "The Navy Workout". I think I'll package it in a 4 DVD set and market it in the back of fitness magazines.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/04/2006 4:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    However, I knew one guy who was a naval cadet. Watched him climb a 32-foot rope ladder without using his legs. Still trying to get to that level of fitness.

P.S. You know what they call cadets at the Naval Academy who are in the best shape? Marines.

Genius

Posted On:
    10/04/2006 4:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I went into bootcamp right out of high school. I became fatter while in bootcamp because I ate more often and bootcamp exercise is rather pathetic. Then again, I was a wrestler so conditioning was something I was used to.

Oh, and Anthony is right. What you do in bootcamp means **** out in the fleet.

Posted On:
    10/04/2006 4:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil
    P.S. You know what they call cadets at the Naval Academy who are in the best shape? Marines.
    + rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    I became fatter while in bootcamp because I ate more often and bootcamp exercise is rather pathetic....blahblahblah
    Just saw your zoints. Holy ****, you got massive.
    Last edited by Neildo; 10/04/2006 4:43pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/04/2006 5:48pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HOLY **** Ken! Looking awesome!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/04/2006 8:32pm

supporting member
     Style: na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was in the Navy, MA was a rate that you could crossrate to once you had made E-5. You could not go in with a contract or guarantee.

If you can't swim, I would suggest taking lessons or joining a swim team for a while. You will se the greatest benefits from technique unless you are planning to SAR swimmer, SpecWar, or Diver.

I would skip all the weight training and stick to running and body weight exersizes.

Check your contract........... Your rate will have a big affect on your quality of life in the Navy. Unrated or over staffed rates have a shitty life cause if you don't advance, you don't get paid or get good orders.

I would suggest rates involved with smaller air wings (helos) primarily AW and or ship combat systems rates.

Judo: the anti-trapple

Posted On:
    10/04/2006 10:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    I went into bootcamp right out of high school. I became fatter while in bootcamp because I ate more often and bootcamp exercise is rather pathetic. Then again, I was a wrestler so conditioning was something I was used to.

Oh, and Anthony is right. What you do in bootcamp means **** out in the fleet.
    Seriously, Ken is right. I went in when they could still abuse you a good bit and it still wasn't hard. I don't know what MA you do, but I grapple 3-4 times a week and I'm in way better shape than you need to be for USN bootcamp.

Navy bootcamp is physically less demanding than highschool football season by far. You'll get yelled at more for having your underwear folded wrong than any PT thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur AMP
    You just can't go wrong when your getting armbar'd to Flogging Molly while a fire fighter is cursing at you in the background. Good stuff!

Posted On:
    10/05/2006 9:12pm

Style: Throwing, and Matwork

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just don't know about the running. Those bastards want me to come in at least once a week for PT, and it interferes with my schedual. Monday or wednesday, they said. The weightlifting stuff is for conditioning and Kajukenbo, for grip. I'm going to get rid of the grip part mostly and just climb rope, since I just got one in my backyard yesterday. It's just 18 reps, from watcher to lifter, 8-6-4. That's it, the rest is mostly BW.

Posted On:
    10/05/2006 9:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Navy PT was a joke. I ran cross-country prior to joining. I was 6'1", 135. I left boot camp at 150 and it wasn't more muscle, it was fat. I was used to running 8-12 miles a day and instead ran 1. Push-ups were easy. PT & the navy outside UDT just doesn't matter. You just don't need to squat 450 pounds to run a nuclear reactor, chip a deck, clean a CHT tank (don't ask), or load torpedoes. You're already over-qualified. Spend time on your brains & attitude. Graduating first in boot camp is important for about five minutes.

Genius

Posted On:
    10/06/2006 11:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Jackson
    I just don't know about the running. Those bastards want me to come in at least once a week for PT, and it interferes with my schedual.
    **** em. don't go. it's not like they will prevent you from going to MEPS. seriously, don't do **** for your recruiter. have as much fun with your freedom while you can. oncevyou're in, you are't a free citizen anymore. bootcamp is cake for anyone who can foloow direction and have a sense of humor.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast