Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2006 12:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Half time event for MMA...

I know it is a silly thought, but here it goes. I notice that in other professional sports there is usually a half-time event. Sometimes it is music or marching bands or what not. I thought it would be good to give condemned lifers a second, and "fair chance" aswell as let talented Matial artist work their craft.

Here is what I suggest. Pair up a "lifer" with a Kenjutsu, kendo, Arnis, Kali, MMA, Ninjitsu what have you stylist. Equally arm them, and have them go at it until the death.

Do a sloppy jump cut before the Death blow is dispatched and post the outcome as far as who won. Make it pay per veiw, to offset the costs of housing the criminals and give a small stipend to the martial artist. My reason for this is the Martial Artist will get mega, publicity and every "tough guy" will want to train with the martial artist who actually killed a man.

If, the criminal wins...well it will be "Bullshido" in the extreme for the man and his art, lol. And just keep the criminal in jail and have a gran finale where the best criminal fights other criminals to death. Ala Gladiator.

What do you think?

Sincerely,

LG

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2006 12:56am

Style: Historic European

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I cannot say i disagree, most people think we are more "civilised" though.

and with alot of people against the death penalty i bet that this type of thing would fly like a lead balloon.

Jeff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2006 1:45am

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you'd relegate a death match to a mere half-time event? you'd only give the legit fighter a 'small stipend'? wow man, i congratulate you, you're higher than i've ever been.

Also you can never account for accidents and other fuckups, why give some bastard on death row the chance to for a free kill? isn't that one of the points of death row, to make sure they don't commit serious crime again?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2006 2:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, thanks for educating me on that. I still say if you want to test your style, art, weapons training...where else can you do it to the extreme? And it sounds like fair play to give the criminals a fighting chance. And honestly, i am betting on the true MA'ist on winning.

It would free up space in prison, create posible revenue, and a testing ground for techniques. Guilt free. And I say the small stipend due to the fact of the publicity. And I would not want to drain the "system" for some guy to promote himself off of government money. He could fight, win, and use that a s a basis for promotion if he wanted.

LG

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    10/03/2006 2:49am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yah... you would never, ever get sanctioning for it. ever.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/03/2006 3:08am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think we're rapidly approaching an orgasm of moral ambiguity in how highly certain (read: first world) human life is valued despite it's overabundance. How both continue to increase, even if clearly illusory, seems a problem best solved by homosexuals, an epidemic or the chinese unless I'm missing someone.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2006 3:47am

Style: Sub Westling, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What gets me about you right wingers is how quicly you condemn those who would have the audacity to terminate a pregnancy, but you are all up for termination of "crime doers".

Its morally bereft and a sad reflection on our times.

Posted On:
    10/03/2006 8:05am

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since you ask so kindly for everyones opinion, here's mine.
    It's a fucking stupid idea, catering to the most disgusting parts of the human psyche, and if it ever were to take place, it would only create suffering.
    Again, just plain stupid.

I decided I'd have a pretty avatar for a while.

Posted On:
    10/03/2006 8:10am

Style: Student Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you think we can start a petition to get lovegod a Hannibal style nickname?

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    10/03/2006 10:16am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    $5 says he's got another account here.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast