Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    10/02/2006 12:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

New York, New York - Moy Yat Ving Tsun Kung Fu

This school, which also has another branch in Flushing, Queens, is run by Moy Yat's son, Mr. William Moy. William is an incredibly patient teacher who is able to put up with just about anyone.

Pros
    - Comfortable relaxed 'family style' atmosphere.
    - Technical details of the style are top notch.
    - Students are encouraged to think for themselves.
    - Sticks to the basics of the style allowing students to explore and play of their own accord.

Cons
    - Requires a student to have a higher than normal degree of self initiative.
    - Ving Tsun is a horribly maligned style, many times for good reasons. Both the good and the bad are on full display here.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/17/2008 12:43am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Praying Mantis, Baji

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought this school closed down, it used to be in Flushing in a large building but then it became a hotel/restaurant.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    1/17/2008 1:45am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What sort of classes are offered at what times?
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    1/17/2008 1:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobe_x
    I thought this school closed down, it used to be in Flushing in a large building but then it became a hotel/restaurant.

???

They moved once 10 years ago, but even the previous location was not in a large building. However, I made a mistake above and said "Flushing". (I have no idea why I wrote that above.) They are in Bayside.

The Queens location is still in the same place it has been for several years: 20102 Northern Blvd, Bayside, NY 11362 Tel: (718) 229-5585.

The Manhattan location is still in the same place it has been for decades: 45 East Broadway, New York, NY 10002. Tel: (212) 964-2306.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    What sort of classes are offered at what times?
    They have classes in Manhattan Mondays Wednesdays, and Fridays from 7-9pm, and in Queens Monday Through Friday. Queens also has two Saturday classes from 11am - 3pm. They would prefer you to call first to set up a definite time, but walk-ins are allowed.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    10/18/2010 2:11am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pros: William Moy is patient, dedicated, and an all around good guy from my experience. The school is well disciplined, and takes everything seriously.

Cons: As with every Kung-Fu school, be prepared for some of the usual Kung-Fu community politics. The Moy Yat family is very big, and there are many schools in the mix.