Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

~

Posted On:
    7/25/2003 1:14am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Yeah. Don't you just love when you moving up and down the floor and step in a wet spot that you just know is someone else's sweat. That's just nasty"

TKDist, try having some guy's sweat drip into your mouth when grappling, now that's nasty.

O, and i dunno about teh whole gatorade v. water thing (if i'm not mistaken, Omega mentioned that his staff thought it didn't matter since electrolytes are so plentifull in our diets), but at least in my experiance, more running than martial arts, gatorade doesn't make you cramp like water does (although it does make you want to crap). Anyone else notice this?

Posted On:
    7/25/2003 2:21pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What about just bringing a banana or something and eating that and some water?

I'm gonna fight, fight, fight, fight, fight and destruct the world.
    You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    7/25/2003 3:21pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thought you'ld like that one Deus :)

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    7/25/2003 5:35pm

supporting member
     Style: JKD Concepts, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I usually just try to double my water intake. That seems to do okay.

But I'd go with deus on the gatorade suggestion. That works pretty good too.

"You can't cast aspersions on someone because they're wearing a cape. Superman wore a cape, and I'll be damned if I'll let you say something bad about him." - Jerry Seinfeld
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2003 6:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't like gatorade. its got way too much sugar. My body doesn't need that or want that. I cut most sugar out of my diet awhile ago, and I drink AT LEAST 3 quarts of water a day not counting when I'm training and I've found that I've got more energy and can do more than I ever could before.

---------
    I have discovered the true essence of Bullshido: To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And hear the lamentation of their women.
    In short: to flame.

***ned

Posted On:
    7/25/2003 8:54pm

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep. Personally, I've been drinking Propel (Flavored Enriched Water, wtf?), which is basically watered down Gatorade, just because I get it in bulk at Costco. But yeah, I back FK's suggestion to drink a LOT of water throughout the day. A lot of the time, people come in to work out already partially dehydrated (if you piss yellow, you're dehydrated to some degree), and that never helps.

~
    danny

"That baby better watch his mouth. I rape kids like him as part of my warm-up for raping teenagers, grown men, and eventually charging rhinos." - Boyd

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    7/25/2003 10:18pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A lot of the time, people come in to work out already partially dehydrated (if you piss yellow, you're dehydrated to some degree), and that never helps.
    Taking a multi-vitamin also makes your piss bright yellow.

Posted On:
    7/25/2003 10:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I use the 2:1 ratio of water to urine advocated by the most recent scientific research. Two glasses of water followed by one glass of my own urine. Sometimes I trick my workout partners into trying some of my "home-made lemonade".

You can't make a man by standing a sheep on its hindlegs but if you get a group of men together you can create a herd of sheep.

Posted On:
    7/26/2003 5:39pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hardcore training!!!!

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    http://www.fightauthority.com/

Hey guys, do you think we can meet sometime and get some organised despair together?
    Between grappling and striking.....
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12