Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2003 3:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I study under a traditionalist Grandmaster who doesn't believe in air conditioning. Our school is equiped with AC, but with the exception of the kids class he NEVER turns on the air. It doesn't matter if it's 95-100 degrees, he still has us moving at a crazy pace in the heat.

The weather has been especially humid the last couple of weeks. I've been drinking a lot more water throughout the day in order to avoid dehydration, but I still feel somewhat sluggish. I'm not talking about during class (the heat has slowed me down a little, but I'm kind of used it so I just push myself through class and drink a ton of water afterwards). The problem is more that I'm feeling kind of drained/lethargic throughout the day.

Maybe I'm still not drinking enough water. Do you think the sluggish energy is from dehydration? Also, is there a supplement or something I should be taking in addition to drinking more water to replenish all the electolytes I'm sweating out? I take a multivitamin, but should I be taking anything else? Or is this just a sign of overtraining and I need to cut back a little until the weather is more agreeable. (I really would rather not cut ease up on classes right now. There's a dan testing in 3 months and I want to be at my best for the test)

I don't know what's up. I've always gone to class 4-5 days a week and have never felt tired like this. Any thoughts? advice?

***ned

Posted On:
    7/22/2003 4:18pm

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After hard exercise, drink Gatorade or any equivalent sports drink. You need to restore the electrolytes that have been sweated out. If you just drink water, it will go straight through you.

But yeah, usually heat and humidity = sluggishness. I dunno if there's anything you can do about that.

~
    danny

"That baby better watch his mouth. I rape kids like him as part of my warm-up for raping teenagers, grown men, and eventually charging rhinos." - Boyd

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2003 4:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your body is more flexible in humidity and heat. That's why yoga places are kept the same way.

Try it out sometime...work out on a cold dry day and you'll see the difference.

Posted On:
    7/24/2003 3:20am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually that is very very good training. You will thank him for later.

My only gripe is that other people's sweat is kinda gross.

After hard exercise, drink Gatorade or any equivalent sports drink. You need to restore the electrolytes that have been sweated out. If you just drink water, it will go straight through you.

But yeah, usually heat and humidity = sluggishness. I dunno if there's anything you can do about that.

Perfect. Eat more fruits as well. Say......watermelon

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    http://www.fightauthority.com/

Hey guys, do you think we can meet sometime and get some organised despair together?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2003 9:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My only gripe is that other people's sweat is kinda gross.
    Yeah. Don't you just love when you moving up and down the floor and step in a wet spot that you just know is someone else's sweat. That's just nasty. Strangely enough, after a while you become less concerned with the fact that you've just stepped barefoot in sweat and more thankful that it didn't make you slip. lol.

Edited by - tkdist on July 24 2003 09:13:53

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2003 9:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After hard exercise, drink Gatorade or any equivalent sports drink
    Are Gatorade/sports drinks really better than water? I keep seeing conflicting info on the whole "sports drink vs water" debate. Most of the stuff I've read says that sports drinks really only benefit you if you're exercising for extended periods of time (like 4 hours or more) Who know. I'll try drinking Gatorade and see if it makes a difference. It can't hurt, right?

Posted On:
    7/24/2003 7:59pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    er, yes, i trained in street shoes due to the concrete floor i had at my place

but when i grab the guy's neck to clinch it can get disgusting

"Are Gatorade/sports drinks really better than water?"
    they contain, according to the labels electrolytes and sodium and other crap to replenish what you lose in your sweat

yes it is better, i like to have one before school presentations as well as i don't get dry throated as fast....

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    http://www.fightauthority.com/

Hey guys, do you think we can meet sometime and get some organised despair together?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

***ned

Posted On:
    7/24/2003 8:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most of the stuff I've read says that sports drinks really only benefit you if you're exercising for extended periods of time (like 4 hours or more)
    Unless you consider "sitting on the couch and watching TV" hard exercise, Gatorade will help. I'm not saying drink Gatorade 24/7, but after sweating an assload, you need to replenish sodium. Then you can drink water.

~
    danny

"That baby better watch his mouth. I rape kids like him as part of my warm-up for raping teenagers, grown men, and eventually charging rhinos." - Boyd

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    7/25/2003 12:21am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I personally get sick if I drink gator aid during the work out. Instead I drink water, then save the gator aid until after.

Or I go to the bar at my Dojo and get something yummy. . .

----------------------------

http://www.zanshin-dojo.de

Don't forget to Kimura yourself after every meal.

***ned

Posted On:
    7/25/2003 12:25am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Asshole.

~
    danny

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast