Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    6/29/2007 4:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A quick update:

The dojo has moved into a new location. Although the actual mat space is smaller, one wall in the new place is padded. If you watch the videos from the old school Fitz posted, you'll see a stone wall which greatly restricted using the old mat space fully. Plus new school is beautiful! The architect did a great job giving a clean, modern feeling with enough touches to give it a very nice character.

Key points in the new place:

- Brand new Swain Gold Medal Premium Tatami mats
    - Fully springed sub-floor in training area.
    - School is now on the street level instead of a sub-basment.
    - Bathrooms are now inside of the school instead of having to go upstairs.
    - Air Conditioned.
    - Padded wall.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    7/17/2007 1:43pm

Style: ti da shuai na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had my first class at Oishi's dojo Saturday. My impression of the place is the same as everyone else's -- they're a great bunch of people who run a fine dojo that offers first rate instruction. The place itself is clean and welcoming. It's expensive, but so is everything else in NYC.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2012 8:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is such a welcoming, fantastic place to do Judo in. If you train here you will instantly love Oishi-sensei-- everybody does.

There's NO attitude from the regular members and people are super helpful.

This dojo personifies what Judo and NYC are all about.

Truly lovely.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2014 4:40pm

Style: Kung-Fu, Wu-Su

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Help! Why don't I see the ratings?! Were they taken down? Am I missing something? Also, since a couple of you guys posted thorough reviews/impressions while relatively new to this school, if you have continues to train there can you update your impressions? It would be much appreciated as I am considering joining.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    2/12/2014 5:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nab View Post
    Help! Why don't I see the ratings?! Were they taken down? Am I missing something? Also, since a couple of you guys posted thorough reviews/impressions while relatively new to this school, if you have continues to train there can you update your impressions? It would be much appreciated as I am considering joining.
    Go check it out for yourself and see what you think. Mr. Oishi is VERY well known. Hell, my sensei in New Orleans back in the 80s and 90s knew him and had nothing but good to say.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    2/12/2014 5:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i train at kokushi budo and my sensei has nothing but good things to say about oishi sensei
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12