Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/01/2006 12:07am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Anyone with info on Armando Conde?

I'm getting ready to join Lotus Club Conde Jiu-Jitsu in Tamarac, Fla. (10 miles NW of Fort Lauderdale)
    http://www.condejiujitsuteam.com/lotushome.html

And I've been having trouble finding information on Armando Conde, the instructor. Google hasn't given me much. He's apparently a 3rd-degree bjj blackbelt and was Pan-American champ a few times. I've seen him roll and I don't doubt his ability at all. Plus, he seems a nice, humble guy.

Just curious if anyone knows anything about him. The old bjj.org (and new onthemat) database doesn't list his lineage and appears to have not been updated. It just said he was on team Equilibrio. I believe he trained under Moises Muradi in Sao Paolo, but I don't know enough to get much out of that information.

As for the club, everything appears great. Felipe, who runs most of the biz side of things, put on no pressure for me at all. Said, "hey, roll with us for a week for free and think about joining." He even brought me a gi to roll in for the week (I bought a Bad Boy on the spot, though, he gave me a great deal). Everyone was super cool and the guys seem to do well in competition. The place is relatively new and they're still adding new equipment.

Price is great $85/month and you can roll 6 days a week (M, W, F is gi, T, Th is no-gi, Saturday is open mat and eventually Vale Tudo). Classes run from 8-9:30 (30 minutes warmup, 30 minutes on specific techniques, 30 minutes of just rolling), but I was there Friday from 7:30 to 10 p.m., rolling nearly the entire time (and I'm hurtin). Small class size so far, 8 ppl at the most, so it's nice and personal. Plus, the instructor will roll with you during class. Murdering everyone with a smile on his face, of course.

Again, I'd just like to hear more about Conde's background if anyone knows about him. He's an interesting guy just from the little interaction I've had with him.

I'm joining regardless on Monday. The place is perfect for my needs and Conde appears to be extremely skilled.

Thanks to all.

Posted On:
    2/17/2007 10:47pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

armando conde

Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo
    I'm getting ready to join Lotus Club Conde Jiu-Jitsu in Tamarac, Fla. (10 miles NW of Fort Lauderdale)
    http://www.condejiujitsuteam.com/lotushome.html

And I've been having trouble finding information on Armando Conde, the instructor. Google hasn't given me much. He's apparently a 3rd-degree bjj blackbelt and was Pan-American champ a few times. I've seen him roll and I don't doubt his ability at all. Plus, he seems a nice, humble guy.

Just curious if anyone knows anything about him. The old bjj.org (and new onthemat) database doesn't list his lineage and appears to have not been updated. It just said he was on team Equilibrio. I believe he trained under Moises Muradi in Sao Paolo, but I don't know enough to get much out of that information.

As for the club, everything appears great. Felipe, who runs most of the biz side of things, put on no pressure for me at all. Said, "hey, roll with us for a week for free and think about joining." He even brought me a gi to roll in for the week (I bought a Bad Boy on the spot, though, he gave me a great deal). Everyone was super cool and the guys seem to do well in competition. The place is relatively new and they're still adding new equipment.

Price is great $85/month and you can roll 6 days a week (M, W, F is gi, T, Th is no-gi, Saturday is open mat and eventually Vale Tudo). Classes run from 8-9:30 (30 minutes warmup, 30 minutes on specific techniques, 30 minutes of just rolling), but I was there Friday from 7:30 to 10 p.m., rolling nearly the entire time (and I'm hurtin). Small class size so far, 8 ppl at the most, so it's nice and personal. Plus, the instructor will roll with you during class. Murdering everyone with a smile on his face, of course.

Again, I'd just like to hear more about Conde's background if anyone knows about him. He's an interesting guy just from the little interaction I've had with him.

I'm joining regardless on Monday. The place is perfect for my needs and Conde appears to be extremely skilled.

Thanks to all.
    armando conde is a top of the line bjj proffesor in florida, his technique is awesome but the best is the way he teachs...simply the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2007 11:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For future reference, all Pan-Am, Mundials and other CBJJ results can be found here: http://www.ibjjf.org/results.htm

Makes it nice and easy to track down results

Posted On:
    2/18/2007 6:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jiujitsu
    armando conde is a top of the line bjj proffesor in florida, his technique is awesome but the best is the way he teachs...simply the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Subtle.