Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    10/01/2006 12:16am

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even cooked popcorn has 30% water content. The hydrating effect from foods certainly helps with bodily functions; it's part of the reason that the "8 glasses a day (64oz)" recommendation is being retooled.

Still, a lot of people have issues with being properly hydrated, especially in a very dry environment like a dehumidified office or classroom.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    10/01/2006 7:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I heard that the colder something is the faster it is absorbed.
    Does anyone know if this is true? I dont like cold water and drink it a room temp.

I also heard that if you cut Gatorade with water (about 50 percent) then it is better for you.
    Anyone know anytyhing about this?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2006 3:40pm

Style: Muay Thai/Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Orthostatic Hypertension... So thats what that is.... I suffer from this all the time... Like really bad sometimes. I'm curious as to why, its not so bad lately, it might be I was dehydrated before. I drink alot of water these days. hmmm....

Posted On:
    10/01/2006 6:46pm

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    I heard that the colder something is the faster it is absorbed.
    Does anyone know if this is true? I dont like cold water and drink it a room temp.

I also heard that if you cut Gatorade with water (about 50 percent) then it is better for you.
    Anyone know anytyhing about this?
    My take on temperature is room is best, because there are alot of functions that require a certain range of pH and that is affected by temperature. I dont really have anything right off the top of my head that say temp affects stomach acid, but it stands to reason.
    heres a basic link that describes the process in lab.
    http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc.../chem00920.htm

as far as gatoraid is concerned, it is water with basically some salts and sugar in it. so essentially your just drinking more water with it, which is good.

Orthostatic Hypertension... So thats what that is.... I suffer from this all the time... Like really bad sometimes. I'm curious as to why, its not so bad lately, it might be I was dehydrated before. I drink alot of water these days. hmmm....
    ARE YOU SURE? It could be addisons! something like 40 out of a million are supposed to have it----you could be one
    serriously though, if its happening all the time that might be something to worry about.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/02/2006 3:55am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alot of people seem to have the opposite problem when it comes to exercise; ie: drink too much water, gatorade, whatever after or during workouts and then get sick to their stomachs.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2006 9:41am

Style: Aunkai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jubei33
    Yeah I noticed that too. They look at me like I'm crazy at school when I have my 2L on my desk. I get lots of comments about it being too hot for foreigners and such. A lot of times they tend to replace a cup of water with a soup like miso soup or if they eat udon they wont drink anything at all. Im guessing that rice actually has a lot of water in it and that that might replace some of their liquid water need (strictly for ordinary joe).
    that must be it. drinking miso soup, or various ramen broths always seems to make me more thirsty.

I am trying to remember if during MA classes if people drank as much water as foreigners did.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    10/02/2006 10:42am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WTF? So you guys only drink a liter or two a day? ****, I must drink at least 2 gallons a day easy.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    10/02/2006 10:46am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    WTF? So you guys only drink a liter or two a day? ****, I must drink at least 2 gallons a day easy.
    Getting geared up for the pissing contest?

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    10/02/2006 11:11am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i read somewhere that samurai drank at least a gallon of spring water every day.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    10/02/2006 6:17pm

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    must be a good workout to carry round 2 gallons of water where ever you go *)

nah I refill it. As far as my club, the guys there are in the same boat with the water drinking. Some guys drink barley tea, too. We have some kyokushin guys that carry the same 2L. i think as far as the athletes are concerned they have to drink water like the rest of us, so you might be disappointed on the 'Japanese secret'. :)

Its funny though, there are guys there that'll put in an hour of hard work and then go out for a smoke.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast