Sponsored Links Spacer Image

('._.)

Posted On:
    9/29/2006 5:59pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Just got my ass kicked by a boxer

Well, not exactly but here goes the story...

I know this guy who has had 5 amateur boxing matches and won them all, hes trained several hours 5 times a week for a couple of years now. Hes kinda been naggin me to show up at his gym for some time now and I finally decided to do it, I am working on improving my hands so I thought this would be a good way for that. This guy told me that he had KOd most of his sparring partners, so I was a little worried before this :lol:

Sp anyway I show up and we start by taking a few rounds of sparring with boxing rules. Not quite full contact, but he sure as hell wasnt pulling his punches. He completely outboxed me of course, had me against the ropes a few times, slipped pretty much every punch I tried to throw at him and basically made me look like a fool. Altough I did manage to hit him with a few jabs, a couple of body punches and a hook or two. He had me rocked once and raped me with body blows which completely took the wind out of me.

After that we decided to do a little kickboxing, go into my domain. I start of with a headkick which hits, he doesnt know how to defend against kicks so I decide to just back away from them and try to stay out of punching range. I hit him with severel leg kicks but we decided before that I was not gonna do them very hard because he didnt want to get a swelling and had no idea how to defend them (altough I walked him through that before the sparring). I use frontkicks to keep him away but he gets pretty pissed off and goes inside throwing HARD punches, hitting me with a few of them. I clinch and knee. Thats basically how that sparring went, it was a "kicker VS puncher" kinda thing. Near the end I hit him with a kick in the nose which made it bleed, and that really pissed him off. I think I won that part, if I had been doing the leg kicks full contact, he probably would have crawled out of the ring. But then again you never know, maybe he would have managed to get inside and knock me out with his superiour punches. I think that all kickboxers/Muay Thai fighters that think they will own any boxer because the have "teh more weapons!11" are fooling themselves. Sure kickboxing may have a bit of an advantage, but against a dangerous boxer you can never be safe.

I guess we both learned something tonight.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    9/29/2006 6:11pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ... and knowing is half the battle!

oh yeah, great story. I'd always wondered about facing a decent kickboxer. How'd he react when you clinched and knee'd? in boxing usually the clinch is overhooks to keep the from punching your ribs. ok tactic or invitation to knee?
    Last edited by PirateJon; 9/29/2006 6:19pm at .
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    9/29/2006 8:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    overhooks would be basically letting them get a clinch around your waist and throw you

('._.)

Posted On:
    9/29/2006 9:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    ... and knowing is half the battle!

oh yeah, great story. I'd always wondered about facing a decent kickboxer. How'd he react when you clinched and knee'd? in boxing usually the clinch is overhooks to keep the from punching your ribs. ok tactic or invitation to knee?
    The guy outweights me and is quite a lot stronger so I was the one pushing me around in the clinch while I tried to knee him. When he got out of the clinch though he unleashed on me a flurry of punches. And I just held my hands up and backed away from him as quickly as I could. Not sure how he held me to be honest, cant really remember.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    9/29/2006 9:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh a good grappler would totally rape both of you simultaneously! BJJ FTW (hypothetically) again!
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

('._.)

Posted On:
    9/29/2006 9:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    Oh a good grappler would totally rape both of you simultaneously! BJJ FTW (hypothetically) again!
    We are both pretty good grapplers ourselves. And we can defend takedowns. The buttscooting fag would get sent to lala land :ninjadanc

Now get the **** out of strikestan and go back to doing your Kempo, this is not your place.
    Last edited by Draven; 9/29/2006 9:37pm at .

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    9/29/2006 9:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Draven
    We are both pretty good grapplers ourselves. And we can defend takedowns. The buttscooting fag would get sent to lala land :ninjadanc

Now get the **** out of strikestan and go back to doing your Kempo, this is not your place.
    You should get your sarcasm detector fixed.

IF I POST ONE MORE CRAPPY THREAD I WILL GET LOCKED IN TROLLSHIDO FOR A MONTH

Posted On:
    9/29/2006 11:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Deadly Flower Fist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boxers are always tricky. Five techniques. Lots of practice with those. Excellent understanding of distance, excellent physical fitness.

Not really prepared for someone biting them on the face though.

('._.)

Posted On:
    9/30/2006 9:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc
    You should get your sarcasm detector fixed.
    I was joking too with my post...

('._.)

Posted On:
    9/30/2006 9:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiJack
    Not really prepared for someone biting them on the face though.
    Unless of course you are fighting Holifield.
Page 1 of 15 1 234511 ... LastLast