Page 5 of 13 First 123456789 ... Last
    ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM Join us... or die
    Style
    Fucking Prost
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So . . . you are from Appalacia?

--J.D.
    Why yes, I still have sand in my vagina! It is because I am a lying cowardly child who got buttfucked by MEANIE Doctor X! I also do not know the Latin and it makes me cry!!--Phrost

Style
    Open Combat
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL !!! close enough..............................LOL some more.......

Style
    Fucking Prost
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, what is your issue with this guy?

--J.D.
    Why yes, I still have sand in my vagina! It is because I am a lying cowardly child who got buttfucked by MEANIE Doctor X! I also do not know the Latin and it makes me cry!!--Phrost

Style
    Open Combat
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well Doctor X,

Well, if a student like John Clodig who dedicated his life to this guy and many others, he
    should at least have a shot to the position of soke. But I am not a member of his organization
    and I just read the forums.

I try to find more about this Jeremy guy but his background is murky. Maybe Don is just testing his senior students or they made him upset or did something bad not to get the super-soke
    post. I'm sticking to karate

Style
    Fucking Prost
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very good then. Your opening post gave me the impression you were trying to "stir ****" as in you might be a student or one of the people, et cetera.

As others have noted "soke" is an overused term. You will see quite a few threads where people try to declare themselves "soke" in karate and other things. There are "organizations" that are "happy" to sell you "sokeships" and other such nonsense.

One poster suggested the guy is legitimate, another called the whole thing into question. I must admit I remain very suspicious that this is a legitimate koryu, but what do I know?

What style of karate?

--J.D.

Style
    Open Combat
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree Sir, I am glad I cleared that up and I am still getting use to the very striaght forward no BS personality of Americans. Like other cultures, they show a polite face
    and then turn and it's onother face that comes out. American love to use colorful metaphors
    and I'm also trying to get use to it.

I find you very interesting person (in a good way) and I thank you for your honesty. Just bare with
    me for I'm not skilled or well informed in American customs and culture.

Style
    Bujinkan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zengun9
    Well Doctor X,

Well, if a student like John Clodig who dedicated his life to this guy and many others, he
    should at least have a shot to the position of soke. But I am not a member of his organization
    and I just read the forums.
    From what I understand -- Soke is generally passed to a YOUNG person possessing talent -- and so "senior" students are not a good choice.

From a common sense POV -- it doesn't make sense for a 75 yr old man to pass it to a 65 yr old man -- the art doesn't get to "grow" with the new Soke then...

If this vexes you so -- why don't you ask Don about it? He has always been quite approachable...

-Daniel Weidman
    Bujinkan TenChiJin Guy...

Style
    Open Combat
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dweidman, Sir,It makes very good sense but it can be also watered down if Mr. Don pick the wrong guy. Do you know Mr. Jeremy and what is he like. It sound like you know the man. Are you a member of the Organization. I think I do not have to ask Mr. Don. You explained it very well and no it does not bother me. Thank you : ) and have a nice day.

DOCTOR X, I have experienced Goju-Ryu, Shito-Ryu, Shotokan, Ryuei-Ryu. I am currently
    studying Shorin-Ryu. It is a bit confusing sometimes because they share many katas,
    they sometimes almost mirror each other. Shorin-Ryu have many family styles, you have
    Kobayashi, Matsubayashi and Shobayashi. I am learning Kobayashi. Thank you for asking.
    Last edited by zengun9; 10/04/2006 3:46pm at .

Style
    Fucking Prost
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What do ninja know about koryu?

I have experienced Goju-Ryu, Shito-Ryu, Shotokan, Ryuei-Ryu. I am currently
    studying Shorin-Ryu. It is a bit confusing sometimes because they share many katas,
    they sometimes almost mirror each other. Shorin-Ryu have many family styles, you have
    Kobayashi, Matsubayashi and Shobayashi. I am learning Kobayashi. Thank you for asking.
    They are similar because they came from the same place, basically. Also, back in the day, teachers shared things.

--J.D.

Style
    Open Combat
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sensei Doc X,

Is it okay to ask you what style or discipline you practice.

Page 5 of 13 First 123456789 ... Last