Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2006 8:43pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I too have had this kind of pain. Not just in my fore arms when I curl but also in my collarbone area when I bench. I understand what you mean by saying that it feels like stress on the bone is causing it. And yes strangely enough once I put the curl bar down it hurts but not for 20 seconds it just hurts for a couple of seconds.

I can't say that I did anything specific to make it go away I just switched exercises. Eventually the pain abated and I went back to the old exercises.

Posted On:
    10/04/2006 10:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shooto, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had this exact same thing from doing ezy bar curls. Originally I thought I'd fractured it or something as at the time I had a bad habit of trying to block round kicks wax on wax off style, but a friend of mine suggested it might be tendonitis, and he was right. I switched to hammer curls which caused me little to no pain at all, and now my arms feel fine.

Posted On:
    10/05/2006 10:44pm

Style: Silat, New to Hsing- Yi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ibuprofen and rest > greater than tendonitis

try adding wrist extensions or reverse grip curls
    "Its not important to be strong, its just important not to be weak."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/13/2006 10:39pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I get it in the crook of my elbow. Could that be tendonitis as well?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/13/2006 10:57pm

Style: martial

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also get this pain, but it is from too many attempted ankle-locks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2006 9:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any activity that causes increased valgus stress shape on the elbow can cause ulnar nerve injury, posterior impingement syndrome, or olecranon stress fractures.

(valgus being the natural posisition of the forearms, they lay off at an angle to body, notice when you turn your palms up and have your arms down by your sides they dont make a straight line, straight bar forces them into an unnatural posistion)

If you get pain in the elbow it could be medial or lateral epicondylitis, RICE principle dealing with that. And up your Omega oils intake, like 8-12 grams a day.Fights inflammation and Usually makes the pain disappear hastily.

As for forearm pain it could be Pronator syndrome which is the entrapment of the median nerve or it could be Radial nerve injury. When curling the hand is pronated causing the nerve the become trapped when the forearm muscles are contracting. Dealing with the problem is harder, because the pain tends to occur when gripping with the hand turned palm up, i recommend to my athletes to try neutral grip bars or hammer curls instead (of straight bar), Band curls help also.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12