Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

What Kind of Flue is This?

So my brother and sister were sick last week. I told myself I wouldn't get sick the 1st day of school this year (like last year...).

So Wednesday I felt fine. Got off the bus. Started walking. WTF!? My shins hurt. Like, a LOT. I didn't do anything in the past few days, either. Next day. They hurt even more!!! To the point where I didn't want to walk to the bathroom (from one of my classes) because of the pain. In the evening I started getting a headache and a fever. I knew what was coming, so I went to be early. No help, though, since I woke up dying. Turned off my alarm clock and went back to sleep. So now I'm up (after 11 hours of sleep total), still feeling like ****, but more importantly: now my calves and hip flexors hurt. It's the kind of pain you get the next day when you overwork a muscle. So I don't know. My calf started hurting last night, actually, but now both of them hurt and my hip flexors. Is this normal? Or am I dying?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This illness is so bad, it's affected your spelling.

Someone call the CDC.

Seriously though, it sounds normal for a nasty flu bug. Last time i had the flu i couldn't physically move for 2 days, and slept for 16 hours straight. Made the torturous trek to the Doctor, who promptly gave me some anti-biotics. I went to school the next day.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sweep yer chimney for two bits govna!

Although it probably isn't mono I had a lot of aches in my bones/muscles when I had mono.
    Last edited by A.D.D; 9/29/2006 1:23pm at .

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it Join us... or die
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Take some IBprofin (advil or motrin) for joint inflamation and see a doctor.

of course I am just sime guy on the Internet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm pissed I didn't see this thread earlier.
    The chimney line already got taken.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't understand the chimney line. :(

I doubt it's mono. I'm pretty sure I just got it from my brother and sister (sister was sick first, then brother, now me).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    flue != flu.

I have to say it is most likely the common "flu" . But it may be mono you will in know in a month or two .
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm...

The More You Know....

Why would I know in a month or two?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    Hmmm...

The More You Know....

Why would I know in a month or two?
    Mono is one of those things that can stick with you for a year ... sometimes 6 months ... sometimes more than a year . You will know if you end up with mono ... just not right off the bat... unless you go see a doctor and then there is nothing they can really do about it .
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My sister went to the doctor (she was sick first) and they gave her some anti-biotics to take if she didn't get better on her own. She did, though, and she's the sickliest person in my family, because she hardly ever sleeps or eats.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last