Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/28/2006 9:56pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj, muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

have fun at mc dojos

a fun thing i used to do when i was a teen [and a bluebelt in bjj] was to get the free passes that the mcdojos give their students. and while participating in the scripted "self defense" against knife attack,collar grab, telegraphed punch techniques, i would attack like a real assailant, with force.they dont expect it.and they dont know how to react. one time i was asked to grab the collar of an "advanced" student in a demonstration. i grabbed hard an pushed him back then pulled him to the ground.no technique, just manhandled him.im not big either.the whole time he was chopping at my wrist.very amusing. the instructor was so irritated by me he actually let me spar with that student later on.hoping he would kick my ass i imagine. he threw a stiff high kick that didnt come close.i closed the gap,took him down and mounted him.the fight was then broken up. he said "we dont do that here" and acutally told me to "fight like a man".ignorant fuckers. so if you know how to fight, and you have a friend that takes kenpo or something similar, get the free pass. ive done this a few times. it really cemented my faith in jiu jitsu and gave me the feeling i was doing something right.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    9/28/2006 10:01pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you are great, everyone else sucks. You have succeeded in life, you can now kill yourself and leave is in peace.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    9/28/2006 10:05pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to go to this kenpo dojo and this punk ass teen came in - claimed to train the "real" shiu-zhitzu. So we let him do some techniques with our guys and let him think he was all that. So then one of our seniour belts sparred with him.

The senior kenpo guy knocked out the punk kid with a high kick. When the kid regained consiousness we told him that the kick had missed and that he had got mount and won the fight. Then we told him to "fight like a man."

We still laugh about it at our kenpo reunions.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Posted On:
    9/28/2006 10:08pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    I used to go to this kenpo dojo and this punk ass teen came in - claimed to train the "real" shiu-zhitzu. So we let him do some techniques with our guys and let him think he was all that. So then one of our seniour belts sparred with him.

The senior kenpo guy knocked out the punk kid with a high kick. When the kid regained consiousness we told him that the kick had missed and that he had got mount and won the fight. Then we told him to "fight like a man."

We still laugh about it at our kenpo reunions.
    do you sit in a circle at those reunions?

Posted On:
    9/28/2006 10:08pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    last one to finish eats the cracker

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2006 10:19pm

Style: Ju d'oh!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Make sure to let us know when you stumble on one of those schools that are usual crap, but in this case is the exception, and you end up getting your ass kicked.

Fair is fair after all.

Posted On:
    9/28/2006 10:24pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosai
    Make sure to let us know when you stumble on one of those schools that are usual crap, but in this case is the exception, and you end up getting your ass kicked.

Fair is fair after all.
    fair is fair.you are correct.this was years ago. i was a punk.i just learned of this site,and it stirred up some memories of when i had that "jiu jitsu rules everything else sucks attitude".i have nothing but respect for other martial artists. no matter what style.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2006 10:28pm

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The first bit of the post was good, showing them true aliveness is always fun. You took it too far by taking the guy to the ground though.

The instructor, if he knew you had previous ground fighting experience should have informed you of their sparring rules, but you should also have had the foresight to realise that if they dont learn groundfighting, they likely won't spar it either.

Why did you use BJJ techniques over Muay Thai? Whynot kick their arse at their own standup game?

Posted On:
    9/28/2006 10:37pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cormoran
    The first bit of the post was good, showing them true aliveness is always fun. You took it too far by taking the guy to the ground though.

The instructor, if he knew you had previous ground fighting experience should have informed you of their sparring rules, but you should also have had the foresight to realise that if they dont learn groundfighting, they likely won't spar it either.

Why did you use BJJ techniques over Muay Thai? Whynot kick their arse at their own standup game?
    good point.but my mindset at that time was to prove that i could beat any level karate guy with my intermediate bjj experience. i might have been a bit ignorant myself. i was 15-16 years old. this was around 94' before bjj really caught on in the us.coincidentally enough, it actually worked more times than not.

Posted On:
    9/28/2006 10:53pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ive also had many fair challenge matches against straight karate guys. where they knew i was a grappler before hand. and most still ended up on their back. clueless as to how to deal with what just happened to them.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast