Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

BJJ Purple Belt

Posted On:
    9/29/2006 4:15am

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In regards to that video, I dont think anyone is debating on who has better boxing skills between a boxer and a thai fighter. I think the general consensus was that muay thai is a more well rounded and complete fighting style simply because they allow the kicks, knees, elbows, and clinch fighting.

Im going to assume that boxers are better at boxing- take a thai or MMA fighter into a boxing ring and a boxer is probably going to light him up, but when the boxer knows the other fighter has other options on his feet, such as a MMA or muay thai match, I think its going to dramtically change the striking battle

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2006 2:21am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    Again, what a fucking second? This thread has "Muy Thai" in its title? Again... what the ****????
    You know, it's spanish - like in "lots more" Thai. Not just regular Thai for me, no sir. I want the skinny on the extra Thai.

software engineer

Posted On:
    9/30/2006 4:23am

supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rush2024
    You know, it's spanish - like in "lots more" Thai. Not just regular Thai for me, no sir. I want the skinny on the extra Thai.
    It's like my Mexican teammate at work. When he orders the pad thai, it's never spicy enough. 'no, muy thai, por favor'
    I'm told that real Thai food has unthinkable levels of spiciness compared to what we get in these parts.
    52 blocks documentary: arrived

"Joe Lauzon looks like a quiet, Internet guy..." -- Dana White

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    9/30/2006 6:35am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumby

Im going to assume that boxers are better at boxing- take a thai or MMA fighter into a boxing ring and a boxer is probably going to light him up
    Case in point: Layla Ali vs Erin Toughill
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

('._.)

Posted On:
    9/30/2006 9:31am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My apologies for using the term "American" - poor choice of terms. I was simply attempting to differentiate between things like "Chinese Boxing" and "Drunken Boxing" etc. Traditional boxing or just plain Boxing would have been better.
    Boxing existed long before the white men even thought of sailing to that big continent later named "america" and kill the indians. There are records of boxing matches being held in ancient Greece. Boxing as it is today though, with the rules and all, was invented by the English. So it should be "English boxing" much rather than American.

('._.)

Posted On:
    9/30/2006 9:34am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumby
    In regards to that video, I dont think anyone is debating on who has better boxing skills between a boxer and a thai fighter. I think the general consensus was that muay thai is a more well rounded and complete fighting style simply because they allow the kicks, knees, elbows, and clinch fighting.

Im going to assume that boxers are better at boxing- take a thai or MMA fighter into a boxing ring and a boxer is probably going to light him up, but when the boxer knows the other fighter has other options on his feet, such as a MMA or muay thai match, I think its going to dramtically change the striking battle
    True, and the headache I have now after last night is proof of that...

I wrote all about my encounter with a tough boxer in this thread: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ewpost&t=46690

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/30/2006 9:46am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, El Toro Fuerte quiere muy thai!

Quote Originally Posted by meng_mao
    It's like my Mexican teammate at work. When he orders the pad thai, it's never spicy enough. 'no, muy thai, por favor'
    I'm told that real Thai food has unthinkable levels of spiciness compared to what we get in these parts.
    You were told correct. I love spicy food, specially India, and I used to flaunt my love for thai spice... until one dreaded day. Good gawd!!!! There is a thai restaurant in South Miami that seems to have the real enchilada, or I should say, teh r34l red curry. I though my tongue turned to charcoal.

I ended up taking on more water than food. I have not seen any real Indian or Mex dish yet that is so murderous. Bow to the "muy" thai curry bitches!!!
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123