Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/19/2002 4:44pm

Style: Longfist, Hong Fist, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well here's one.

Assuming that you were caught flatfooted and cant sprawl or dodge wait for the shooter to reach you and then try to get his head against your side (yes I know it's difficult ;-). Assuming you succeed on, say, your RHS wrap your right arm under his neck from the outside as if you were going for a guillotine. Prob is you cant usually get the guillotine because the guy has his left hand there for that exact reason. Next grap his right arm (preferably at the at the bicep) with your left arm. Next, while still standing, lift your legs up so that when you go to ground you will be in guard and drop backwards, driving his face into the mat.

In spite of the fact that he is still on balance when he shoots the addition of your weight onto his neck will prolly pull him off balance. From there sweep his left leg with your right while pushing on his right arm with your left arm and dragging on his left arm with your right ending up with you in mount. The basic sweep in other words. But it is hardly traditional.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2002 12:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Check out dogbrothers.com, they have video clips. They clinch alot, but they almost always clinch high to avoid a stick across the back of the neck.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/09/2005 6:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

So I'm ignorant of most throws, and want to know, for this, hiza garuma, as the opponent steps in you jam/trip his forward leg and grab/pull/twist?
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    3/09/2005 6:50pm

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread is nearly 3 years old. What the **** man....

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/09/2005 6:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, well I'm an antique collector and I missed it the first time and I think this thread is a good one and I'm practicing shoot defense and:
    So anyhow this shows the diirection of the spin, same side as the knee that's hit.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234