Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    10/04/2006 3:00pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just a quick 2 cents. Icing an injury is to prevent swelling, it doesn't do jackall once the thing has already swollen. When you Ice the area it (As was previously mentioned) slows blood flow to the area, this stops the area from filling with blood/fluid as much and reduces the swelling. So if you IMMEDIATELY ice the injury you can avoid swelling, but even an hour or two later is frequently too late to stop the swelling at which point Ice does more harm than good. So be advised, Ice it immediately, or not at all.

Kintanon

Posted On:
    10/04/2006 9:31pm

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good point!

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    10/04/2006 10:36pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    Just a quick 2 cents. Icing an injury is to prevent swelling, it doesn't do jackall once the thing has already swollen. When you Ice the area it (As was previously mentioned) slows blood flow to the area, this stops the area from filling with blood/fluid as much and reduces the swelling. So if you IMMEDIATELY ice the injury you can avoid swelling, but even an hour or two later is frequently too late to stop the swelling at which point Ice does more harm than good. So be advised, Ice it immediately, or not at all.

Kintanon
    However, if the injury is tendonitis, and it is still causing you pain after practice this is because the tendon is still inflamed. If this is the case, 20 minutes of ice + ibuprofen should do the trick. Trust me. I have a LOT of experience with tendonitis and the advice of doctors, nurses, and physical therapists backing me up on this.

Posted On:
    10/10/2006 12:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It sounds a little like tennis elbow. If so, yopur are propbably overextending your punches. Did the same thing for a while when I first started and it takes a loooonggg time to come right if you dont address it early on
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234