I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    9/27/2006 1:03am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I'm so tired of bull**** schools. *Rant inside*

So let me tell you guys about my awesome adventures in the Martial Arts world and why I suck so much. Because I am actually pretty athletic, I just don't have very good teachers.

Let's go back when I was 12 years old. At this time, my dad had been giving me sporatic lessons in his jarbled amalgamation of (r34l) TKD and Muay Thai, that I just really didn't pay enough attention to (and now I wish I did because my dad won't give up the goods anymore). ANd so he gets tired of teaching me so he just throws me into a TKD school somewhere. So I climb up the ranks, I make it to my First Degree BB in about 3.5 years and I'm like 16 or something. I accomplished a bit in those years as a TKD'er. I won a few state champions and such and was going to go to nationals, but couldn't afford it at the time. I was helping to instruct classes at the time and after I realized I was getting raped (I was working 60 hours a month and getting $100)

Then, THEN, my faggotry TKD instructor pulls off an investment scam with a lot of students, takes several SEVERAL thousand dollars and runs off to London (so I hear, that's where people have seen him), leaving his school behind and leaving all sorts of **** in his wake. Some guy picks up the remnants of the school and takes it up. So I think, "Yay! I can go back and train again."

WRONG. 8 months into it, he stops paying the bills so my buddy (who he left in charge) and I, have to let the students go and direct them elsewhere. He doesn't pay him the several months of pay that he owes him and the electricity gets shut down and we eventually get evicted.

Then I started renting a gym out and having it open to the public to come train and trade skills. That goes great for a while, but then I took a sort of hiatus because I want to go back into formal training. Now here's the problem. The nearest good gym is about 2 hours away and their hours are weird, so I would have to drive 2 hours, workout for 1 and drive 2 hours back. I just can't do that right now what with school, work, etc. And there are NO gyms in this stupid, godforsaken, son of a bitch town. So I will plateau where I am at as far as skill level is concerned and never progress.

So **** you all for having good gyms. **** this stupid town for having such shitty gyms. **** bullshido motherfuckers who train bullshit to people and force me to get ulcers for having such a hard time finding a decent school to go to. I want to strangle someone. ****.

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    9/27/2006 1:15am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its time to move out of middleofnowheresville dude.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/27/2006 1:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Shi Dist

He might be on to something. Sorry to hear about your problems. -john

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    9/27/2006 1:32am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Shi Dist
    I might be heading to USC next school year. Teach me o master, the ways of the grapple.

I'm just fucking tired of not going any further. Is it really that hard to just offer ONE good school? Just one? ****, I mean we don't even have a good boxing school here that I know of. We have ONE judo club that is non-profit that practice newaza randori, but the skill level of their students aren't all that great and it doesn't sound like they really compete very much.

FUCKITY **** ****! I think I'm going to go to the ATA school tomorrow and break their windows or something. That'll make me feel better.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    9/27/2006 2:26am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There just aren't enough of us, dude. Serious MA'ers are NOT a majority, even in the community.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    9/27/2006 2:42am

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc
    (snip) We have ONE judo club that is non-profit that practice newaza randori, but the skill level of their students aren't all that great and it doesn't sound like they really compete very much. (snip)
    So go 'war' on them already.

Hopefully you'd inspire them to kick it up a notch.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/27/2006 2:50am

supporting member
     Style: Yoseikan Budo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ANY judo is good.

It goes with the training regime aka 'aliveness'.

They may not compete much because they are not up to the level yet, and from what you are saying it's probably because they lack motivated students so as sfe said go there and train you can only bring everyone up...
    Martial Arts is like sex, if you over complicate it with exotic sounding names, theories and principles, you end up fucking yourself in the ass. -Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/27/2006 2:56am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc
    I might be heading to USC next school year. Teach me o master, the ways of the grapple.

I'm just fucking tired of not going any further. Is it really that hard to just offer ONE good school? Just one? ****, I mean we don't even have a good boxing school here that I know of. We have ONE judo club that is non-profit that practice newaza randori, but the skill level of their students aren't all that great and it doesn't sound like they really compete very much.

FUCKITY **** ****! I think I'm going to go to the ATA school tomorrow and break their windows or something. That'll make me feel better.
    Even if the Judo club isn't as competitive as you'd like, it sounds like it'd be you best bet right now. At the very least you'd be training something worthwhile until you head off to USC.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    9/27/2006 3:03am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know how you feel dude. My town has hardly any schools and I have a 4 hour round trip to get to Gracie Barra in London whenever I want to train.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    9/27/2006 3:44am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sorry guys, move out of the sticks
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast