Sponsored Links Spacer Image

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    5/22/2008 4:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you wanna find "muay boran" in Thailand, good luck and take vaseline with you, for when they screw you over (and they will), it won't hurt so much.
    But if you wanna train a combat version of Muay Thai, why don't you look for "Lerdrit", it's the MT-version that's trained to the Thai Army. Normally there are no schools in it for foreigners and non-militairy persons, but hey it's Thailand. If you got the money, you can find a soldier that will train you in it when you're there, expect wel no certificat to legit your training, but you will know "modern day Muay Boran".

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/22/2008 9:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    muay boran is the old style of muay thai. thats why they call it ancient boxing. no one uses it anymore cause it doesnt work. kinda like punching in muay thai when the dutch fighters came over and started punching the crap out of the thai fighters. thai fighters had to learn western boxing. before that they did these weird ass extend punchs like sagat in SF. but hey u wanna go to thailand and learn muay boran go right ahead at least whoever is training you gets paid.

Posted On:
    5/23/2008 5:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So Sagat actually does Muay Boran. :-P

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    5/23/2008 5:49pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And Bison does Lerdrit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2008 6:21pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if anyone is still interested,there is a guy in bangkok, ajarn lek, who still teaches muay chaiya off soi 10 ekkamai at baan thai... he has legit credentials, he trained directly under the founder's top student and can back it up...there is also ajarmn praeng in thailand, who trained alongside ajarn lek, but praeng is a little tougher to find and i dont think he has an ongoing training group... people at fairtex and some of the more popular gyms can help you locate him if you really want to find him...good luck in your search, there are still some guys out there doing it if you look...

Posted On:
    7/15/2008 12:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jeet Kune Do, Muay Boran.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgrisle
    i'm learning muay boran. for clarifacation its pronounced bulon. no bs, he's from bankok, learned from his uncle. since there are about 15 precessors to todays Muay Thai, i'd say your chances of finding someone are exactly like the responses your getting from people. i was unaware that i was even learning it until today, googled out of interest, and now im here. krabi krabong is not a dance lol.

You learn it too, pretty complicated aye, in my school/camp, we learn to be ambidextros, lern to hutt with both handss, we condition every part of our bdies, we get taught with different knd of cloths on to adapt to different situations

Posted On:
    7/15/2008 12:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan
    If you wanna find "muay boran" in Thailand, good luck and take vaseline with you, for when they screw you over (and they will), it won't hurt so much.
    But if you wanna train a combat version of Muay Thai, why don't you look for "Lerdrit", it's the MT-version that's trained to the Thai Army. Normally there are no schools in it for foreigners and non-militairy persons, but hey it's Thailand. If you got the money, you can find a soldier that will train you in it when you're there, expect wel no certificat to legit your training, but you will know "modern day Muay Boran".

Well obviosly they will tell you since you are trained in muay thai or several others MA styles, they wont mess with you, plus it is ILLEGAL

Posted On:
    7/15/2008 12:36pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nicelast4
    muay boran is the old style of muay thai. thats why they call it ancient boxing. no one uses it anymore cause it doesnt work. kinda like punching in muay thai when the dutch fighters came over and started punching the crap out of the thai fighters. thai fighters had to learn western boxing. before that they did these weird ass extend punchs like sagat in SF. but hey u wanna go to thailand and learn muay boran go right ahead at least whoever is training you gets paid.

They do use it, I use it, that other person uses it, TONY JAA uses it, ever wondered were tony jaa learned it from

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    7/15/2008 1:14pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You could go to Thailand and Train with my old coach. He is way into Krabi Krabong and ancient Muay Thai styles. He's also a pretty fun/funny guy.

www.ancientmuaythai.com

Posted On:
    7/15/2008 1:19pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    You could go to Thailand and Train with my old coach. He is way into Krabi Krabong and ancient Muay Thai styles. He's also a pretty fun/funny guy.

www.ancientmuaythai.com

That is true, the information is right, bu not the style, the style is modern I have heard of it, it is very good ot learn, but it is not "ancient' it is more modern
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910 LastLast