Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2006 1:02am

Style: Muay Thai, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    not much of a story, some asshole and his friend tried to start something at a bus stop in a fairly rough area (where i train)

grabbed the first guy, kneed him in the body, turned around and cracked the other guy then legged it. didnt want to hang around and see if they had knives

Awesome - you can't hope for a better display of martial artistry than stun and run.
    Why oh why will Muay Thai not return my calls?? I have to get myself some of that

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2006 2:26pm

Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by godd
    So the OP came here asking for help, and since no one really knew, they just ridiculed his PERSONAL DESIRES for an ART. The borans are very different than the SPORT muay thai that most of you are glorifying; boran styles are far more aggressive in the sense that it wasn't made with rules in mind. Boran is to the 'edgy' new muay thai as street fighting is to boxing. Boxing is very effective in a street fight, but you aren't trained to avoid steel pipes, knifes, and elbows to the head. I'm not very partial to any martial art, because I get the good out of all that I can...all knowledge is good knowledge. The FACTS are the new muay thai that everyone here is defending has been cut down to a ring style fighting. In fact, for those of you that have said that you've read up on boran styles should obviously know that the moves became more and more illegal in money fights because players were getting dead. :-\ It's there, and anyone that's researched it will tell you the differences in the styles. I think it's pretty sad that modern day muay thai is really hopping around a ring throwing jabs and a few knees that wear both people out until someone gets so tired they slip to the ground. :(.

I've known only a couple of people that proclaim to do the ART, so I'm not claiming to be an expert, however, if you don't know what the hell you're talking about since you obviously don't know the boran styles... then I suggest you stfu.

I'm probably not going to post on this biased board full of boasters, so flame away since that's what most of you do best. I've noticed that most of you have video links for your 'fights'... I suggest you watch them yourself. Running around a ring doing the same thing that's always been done isn't an art, and you guys (and girls) don't really have the aggressiveness for a hard style. I actually didn't get pissed off watching the videos until I noticed idiotic misses due to a worn down fighter...do you think this has to do with the PADS, WASTED ENERGY, and the SMALL SQUARE RING? I'm probably a bit biased since my philosophy towards fighting is taking a person down as quickly as possible without any tippy toeing or dancing involved.

Hmmn, you had me till the latest paragraphs.

There isn't a huge difference between combat sports and combat in the streets (both empty hand, respectfully). And technically, anyone who is versed in combat sports would be MORE effective on the street due to the loss of regulations restricting him/her.

Fact of the matter is combat athletes are infinitely more effective than those who don't partake within similar competitive training because they actually contain a fighting spirit to begin with. Not to mention, a strong basis foundation to expand on, i.e. ground fighting where I can gouge out your eyes or fish-hook your mouth better than you can (because I've trained to obtain better positioning than you have). Well that, plus endurance, a refined physique and strong physical conditioning to endure the rigors of fighting to begin with. It's only modern times and societal standards that instill regulations in order to prevent death and permanent damage to the athlete(s).

I hope this isn't going to go the way of "Sports fighting is not martial arts" bullshit though. But I'm reading an old post, so maybe I'm late. Or maybe I'm too tired. Anyhow, I'm gonna finish up my Dips and get ready for some sparring for next weekend.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/29/2006 10:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There has to be somewhere to learn Muay Thai Boran in Thailand.
    Last edited by darkstar; 12/29/2006 10:43pm at .

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/29/2006 10:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what the **** is with newbies who dig up old threads to post a completely pointless post. goddamn.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    12/29/2006 11:12pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well at least they use the search function. n00b.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/29/2006 11:45pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    what the **** is with newbies who dig up old threads to post a completely pointless post. goddamn.
    Dude you're on here to so don't say anything about digging up old threads.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/29/2006 11:47pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just want to know where in Thailand I can learn Muay Thai Boran, if you don't know direct me to someone who does.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2006 12:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstar
    I just want to know where in Thailand I can learn Muay Thai Boran, if you don't know direct me to someone who does.
    Try this place:http://www.matbattle.com/

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    12/30/2006 12:52am

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny3443
    ****... my eyes! Son of a bitch...

:turban:
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Posted On:
    5/21/2008 12:53am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or you can just make up your own art...
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 LastLast